- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 18 Aug 17
As the Lead Developer
You will have the opportunity to shape the technical and functional design of our product, mentor and manage development team members.
Reporting to: Software Delivery Manager
- Deliver working solutions to our clients fortnightly.
- Build an understanding of the product on a technical and functional level, understanding the context of our clients.
- Participate in solution design, development and testing activities, delivering solutions that address the business needs of our clients.
- Help deliver high quality, testable applications that can readily be changed and updated as product requirements evolve over time.
- Deliver in an agile development environment using processes such as evolutionary design, test driven development, refactoring, continuous delivery etc.
- Actively participate in the relevant scrum rituals within your team (planning, stand-up, demo, retrospective, backlog review etc).
- Design and code new features, and enhance, configure and support existing features.
- Develop automated testing (unit, integration, scenario and UI) and participate in functional testing.
- Remain up to date with functional and technical changes within the product.
- Remain up to date with new technologies and practices relevant to the organization.
- Mentor, and play an active role in the development of, other team members.
- Contribute to the policies and practices of the wider development team.
- Be able to rapidly investigate and prototype new technologies and tools. Monitor changes in the wider technical landscape that impact on the teams' work.
- Provide input to the architecture of the application.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to other teams in areas of expertise.
- Undertake line management responsibility for members of the development team.
- Bachelor degree in a computer science discipline or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience with object orientated, service oriented architecture and domain driven design in the design and development of applications.
- Experience with the Microsoft IDE
- 6+ years' relevant experience in a commercial environment
- 3+ year's hands-on experience with data modelling, database schema design and SQL programming on SQL Server.
- Sound analytical, design and problem solving skills.
- A high degree of numeracy and a capacity for complex concepts.
- A positive, proactive and professional attitude.
- A team player, who can also work independently under minimum supervision.
- Able to communicate technical concepts concisely and effectively.
- Able to maintain a focus on excellence.
- Possesses the desire to increase knowledge and skills when circumstances call for additional learning.
- Experience with the agile development process and developing code in alignment with coding standards and business processes
- Corporate treasury (deal capture and processing, back office, FX risk, interest rate risk, cash flow risk, accounting, hedge accounting etc).
- Payment processing.
- Bank communication.
- Treasury applications.
- Exposure to SVN, Jenkins, Crystal Reports and Oracle.
- Experience in a SaaS environment.