- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Aug 17
Asst Dir- Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: Toronto, ON, CanadaThe Role / Responsibilities:
- Assist with the analysis of feature level requirements.
- Design, write and execute functional and non-functional tests.
- Perform exploratory testing to ensure quality of projects.
- Communicate with Stakeholders and developers, to clarify functional and non-functional requirements or processes.
- Review and verify functional and non-functional requriements, ensure that requirement statements are complete, consistent, feasible, verifiable and actionable.
- Assist with eliciting business requirements by using competitive product analysis, use cases, scenarios.Use bug tracking systems to submit, track and manage defects.
- Analyze test results at the story or feature level and provide meaningful reports to project team.
- Maintain software testing artefacts.
- Use queries to create test data and analyze results.
- Help ensure coverage for each software release.
- Suggest process and execution improvements for the QA phases of the SDLC.
- Mentor less experienced team members.
- Reproduce and analyze clients' issues.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree)
- 5+ years of QA experience
- Strong understanding of the software lifecycle.
- Able to work well within the constructs of an agile process, including SCRUM, Continuous Build and Integration, etc.
- Knowledge of QA methodologies including test planning and use of automated testing software
- Understanding of Web-based technology architecture and data structure
- Strong database skills (SQL server)
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong database skills
- Strong knowledge of financial concepts
- Experience creating test data to be used with a test automation framework
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.