Business Analyst - Contract
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
The Fidelity GBO Business Analyst is a dynamic, creative and analytical individual who plays a key role throughout the delivery lifecycle.
The Global Business Operations Technology team is a global multi-disciplinary team consisting of Project Managers, Application Support, Analysts, Architects and Developers.
The collective responsibility of the GBO Technology group is to manage the project portfolio, and to delivery technology solutions that have been prioritised by the Global Business Operations business unit which incorporates investment services and fund accounting operational areas.
Purpose of your role
The Fidelity GBO Business Analyst is a dynamic, creative and analytical individual who plays a key role throughout the delivery lifecycle. The role includes but not limited to, the following activities; capturing of functional and non-functional business requirements, technical requirements, software evaluation, quality assurance, solution design, system implementation, testing and training.
The Business Analyst works closely with internal business colleagues and external clients to discuss their information and business intelligence needs. The appropriate information and data is collected and the business requirements refined. The Business Analyst then liaises with the systems analysts and development teams to develop solutions to meet these requirements. The Business Analyst is to foster confidence and respect from all stakeholders and develop a reputation as a trusted advisor.
- Provide business and systems analysis expertise to the Global Business Operation business unit
- Planning, organising and leading business analysis tasks throughout the project lifecycle to agreed timescales and budgets and within an Agile methodology and Product Model framework
- Capture, clarify and document business requirements using a range of analysis techniques and tools
- Facilitate business & technology workshops for stakeholders of all levels.
- Analyse and translate business requirements into system requirements and system design specifications including the definition of functional testing scenarios.
- Involved in the production of system test plans and test specifications.
- Assist in the analysis and resolution of day to day queries related to Global Business Operations systems.
- Liaise with business stakeholders, solution architects, systems stakeholders, support and other development teams including off-shore delivery teams.
- Liaise with third party partners and suppliers.
- Provide timely and accurate status updates to the Project Manager.
- To act as a product expert/owner by applying domain and/or end user knowledge.