- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 11 Aug 17
Senior Manager - Solutions Engineering
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.The successful candidate will be part of the business solution design team supporting all related ongoing projects including longer terms strategic projects as well as more immediate BAU requirements, and will act as the SME for technology matters in the Trade Finance area. The current opportunity is to join the project team as a Business Solutions manager which will require the successful candidate to face off against senior stakeholders globally.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Business requirement gathering, process re-engineering and design, systems impact analysis - including assisting with BRD where necessary * Prepare functional specifications, and work with development team on the system design - Actively interact with the application designers, architect teams and work closely with other development/delivery teams for the delivery of solutions both within and across geographic locations * Assist with all project deliverables and implementations plan * Ability to escalate issues in an effective manner and resolve these in conjunction with the rest of the team and/or the vendor * Capable of working independently to resolve issues and/or identify solutions * Highly motivated, taking a pragmatic approach with willingness to take risks and takes strong ownership / responsibility for their work * Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to details, strong work ethic, exceptional customer service * Leading and coaching a group of up to 5 Business Analysts * Face off to external vendors to clarify and drive requirements to meet business needs. * Design smart and scalable solutions following the banks development standards with a view of Front to Back solutions where industrialization of processes and maximization of STP is paramount where possible. * Ability to work on concurrent pieces of work across several projects or enhancements. * Manage user expectations of the functional deliverable as relevant. * Coordinate with other teams including Global Technology Operations as well as the respective counterparts on the business side providing strong support from the position of a partner. * Provide business analysis support to Front Office and Operations staff looking at and resolving application issues from a solution perspective. * Provide accurate status updates to Senior Management and engage all relevant stakeholders in partnership. * Ability to concisely and confidently drive project deliverables to a high quality within tight time constraints * Identify risks and issues early and escalate to the relevant people in a timely manner, propose and plan mitigating steps. * Take the lead on Projects where necessary aligning and working within/managing the relevant project structure * Coordinate with onshore and offshore development team members to drive project deliverables and act as a point of contact for clarifications and design discussions.
Qualifications and Skills
* A minimum of 12+ years experience as Business/Product Analyst * A minimum of 12+ years experience in Banking/Finance * Essential 10+ years of experience working on Trade Finance domain in areas covering Documentary Trade, Open Account Trade, Receivable Services, Risk Distribution and * Limit Management * Proven experience in writing documentation for projects. Determine the level of formality required and consider options for documenting and packaging requirements based on project type, priorities, and risks * Must have worked in global enterprise scale applications development and implementations * Ability to plan an approach for analyzing, categorizing, and managing requirements. * Proficiency in Quality assurance and control processes * Ability to communicate effectively technical information to non-technical audience, and business information to technical audience * Excellent strong negotiation, spoken and written communication skills manage
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31/08/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.