- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 30 Jun 17
Technical Solution Architect
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.The Enterprise Data Management team, is seeking a "Technical Solution Architect" to manage the CIB Projects for a role based in Singapore. The candidate would be expected to have implemented the enterprise wide projects.
The candidate should be a technologist with a passion for CIB Business (Trade, Payments, Collections, Financial Markets) and possess broad and good understanding of Databases & Big Data , primarily Hadoop.
The role will require on-going engagement with a broad constituency across the bank, dealing with teams in both technology teams - covering solution, development, testing , rollouts ,etc.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- This role is primarily responsible for solution review for all the projects
- This role is primarily responsible for guiding the team on the technical issues in terms of design
- This role is primarily responsible for managing / overseeing multiple project implementations, Change Requests
- This role is responsible to provide direction on solution from a standard product / architecture perspective
- This role is responsible to participate in key decision making and liaise with business stakeholders
- This role is also responsible to understand the organisational needs and aligning with the overall direction
- This role is also responsible to ensure core team is developed with required skills to provide solutions across projects
- The role is responsible to provide guidance on standardisation of interfaces with other applications; the role holder is able to visualize and provide roadmap and strategy in terms of product evolution, foot print across the bank /business for the application.
- This role is responsible to prepare and review the technical documents which will be core for the project delivery
- This role is also responsible for superior stakeholder management and helps the team to collect the requirements/help to fine tune the requirements.
- This role will provide hands-on management and guidance for the development team from a requirements perspective. The role needs to have deep knowledge in BI Modelling, Design preferably with Teradata.
- This role is also responsible to establish relationships with key business constituencies and serve as an advocate for business intelligence deliverables across multiple departments; liaison between business and other technical areas.
- This position is also responsible to act as a representative to the business in day to day matters around the use and also in terms of design
- This position is also responsible to impact analyse and communicate production data issues and other data warehouse issues impacting users.
- This position is also responsible to manage the change request effectively and efficiently during the project delivery with all the agreed controls
- This position is also responsible to align with standard bank process and ensure there are no deviations
Qualifications and Skills
- Post graduate degree in the area of computer science/MBA
- 12+syears of experience in banking domain/product knowledge with IT working experience
- Hadoop experience is required.
- Ability to write SQL queries.
- Experience working in a UNIX envrionment.
- Previous Solution architect capability will be an added advantage
- Good communication and Stakeholder management skills
- Good strategic thinking with lot of project/delivery experience
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.