- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Aug 17
Senior Director - Insurance / Head of IFRS17
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United KingdomMoody's Analytics (MA) is the leading risk management consulting company and combines deep industry expertise with unique enterprise risk management software and analytics. The company provides software, services and information to banks, insurance companies, non-financial corporations, and institutional investors in over 80 countries.
Within MA, the Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) Division offers to Institutions a wide range of software, analytics and consultative solutions to help risk management staff understand, measure, and manage risk within an enterprise risk context.
Within ERS there is a growing line of business responsible for products and services that we deliver to the insurance industry. This line of business has been successful in developing market leading products and has a large global client footprint in this insurance market. This group is looking to continue this success by developing solutions that will help insurers manage the implementation of IFRS17 a significant change in accounting standards that will affect a large number of insurers globally.
The role is to lead a team responsible for the IFRS17 initiative. This will entail understanding the market for IFRS17 solutions establishing the customer requirements and then building out the ERS proposition for this segment.
This role will require a combination of product management skills, domain expertise, business development acumen, effective communication and frequent client interactions.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in insurance accounting & financial systems & workflow and will be able to demonstrate having successfully developed practical solutions to real problems in this arena.
- Lead the definition and development of Moody's Analytics overall IFRS 17 strategy and solutions
- Manage a team directly & indirectly so that ERS achieves its IFRS17 goals
- Engage with clients, partners, domain experts, to validate directions and refine plans
- Interact with various internal and external stakeholders: software engineers, actuaries, research team, sales people…
- Support the Moody's Analytics sales team - Participating in sales/presales work around IFRS17 when needed.
- In conjunction with Marketing define and execute our go to market plans.
- Manage and maintain the communications of this offering internally to groups at Moody's Analytics
Enterprise Risk Solutions - Insurance
- Very good understanding of the insurance industry and processes, especially around the risk, finance and actuarial functions
- Significant experience in the software industry business, preferably as a product manager in an agile environment
- Have a good understanding of IFRS 17 requirements, analysis and methodologies (building block and other approaches, Contractual Services Margin calculations…)
- Management skills with proven experience of running new, high stake projects
- Proven ability to run or participate in meetings with senior and C-level management
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to all levels of the organization (internally and externally)
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to build relationships at all levels with clients/prospects and the internal organization
- Work in cross-border/cross-disciplined teams at client site and internally
- Main Degrees Discipline in Accounting - Mathematics - Finance - Actuarial Science - Computer Science or related subject
- Professional accounting qualifications and/or experience related to IFRS would be a plus
- Actuarial qualifications would be a plus
- Additional training in Finance or Business (MBA) would be an advantage.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.