Senior IT Project Manager
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Salary: GBP70000 - GBP80000 per annum Benefits
My client is a Banking & Financial Services Consultancy who are seeking a Senior Project Manager to join their FinTech arm on a permanent basis.
This is an opportunity to work within a high growth team, where you will play a key role in the support and development of the organisation in Technology. Progression opportunities exist for motivated and exceptional performers, and all successful candidates will be provided with professional development enabling them to meet the requirements of this responsive and fast paced role.
Due to the global service offering of the organisations FinTech arm, the selected candidate might be required to travel abroad on client locations for the duration of the client engagement.
As the Project Manager, you will be required to coordinate and deliver projects within a global environment. You will be responsible to manage the end-to-end activities of the project, from initiation to implementation including the project set-up, analysis of requirements, solution design, build, test, production implementation, post implementation review, issue resolution, status reporting and lessons learnt. You will work on a variety of project while at the same time you will be leading and coordinating cross-organisational teams responsible for the front-to-back delivery of an assigned project.
You will also have the responsibility and be required to develop and implement within an agile framework along with implementing and maintaining best practises.
Applicants should ideally have most or all the following:
Education and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Business/Technology or equivalent
Formal Project Qualification such as PMP or PRINCE2 qualified desirable
- Project end-to-end ownership from initiation to customer handover and project closure
- Manage and own project delivery within budget, scope, quality and time requirements
- Responsible for the project planning and allocation of resources across multiple teams
- Able to identify and manage risks and issues throughout the project
- Lead and take part in project teams to implement project deliverables/targets/milestones
- Forecast and report on actual revenue for each project
- Manage the handover of projects with the customer and/or customer support
- Management of change throughout the project delivery
- Work with sales personnel on pre-sales tasks towards a successful contractual agreement
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ideally a minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing IT projects as well as working on the vendor side.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with enterprise software implementation projects
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Agile Methodology
- Business exposure in using various project and programme management methodologies in a variety of environments.
- Experience of software development processes
- Proven knowledge of the financial services industry as well as regulatory experience would be an advantage.