- Omaha, NE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Aug 17
Research Data Analyst
Location: Omaha, NE, USAThis role will conduct credit risk research by running econometric modeling and implementing advanced statistical testing methods, and present research findings to internal and external audiences.
- Analyze and Quality Control company financial statement and loan portfolio information in MA's global Credit Research Data (CRD)
- Standardize data formats from multiple data sources into Credit Research Data standards
- Analyze patterns and discrepancies in the credit data provided
- Produce reports that describe data characteristics and highlight trends and issues
- Perform data analysis, and be comfortable with statistics and relational databases
- Assist in the analysis and Quality Control of PD, EAD, and LGD data in MA's global Credit Research Data and Perform model validation and development
- Work with credit departments of leading global financial institutions to share insights from our data and help improve internal data collection practices
- Work closely with Researchers, Product Managers, and Sales teams to ensure MA's standing as the world's leading provider of credit risk management tools and service
- Manage a small team of Research Analysts
ERS Credit Assessment and Orig
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or a closely related field
- 3-5 years of experience with the financial research (industry or academic), econometric modeling, and financial analysis of credit risk issues.
- Familiarity with US GAAP, IFRS, and other regional accounting principles
- Experience or academic training in: MS Access, MS Excel, and Structured Query Language (SQL), SAS, financial data analysis and management
- Knowledge of relational database design strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; reading ability in other foreign languages (e.g. Spanish, Korean, Japanese, or Russian) is a plus
- Experience documenting standard operating procedures preferred
- Analytical experience with fundamental credit risk assessment desired
- Attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.