Head of Strategy
Do work that matters:
Retail Banking Services (RBS) is the public face of CommBank, delivering a seamless banking experience for the future, to our 10 million + personal and small business customers. We offer market-leading products and services, supported by some of the world's best systems and processes.
The Strategy & Investments Team is responsible for leading the development of the strategic agenda and associated portfolio of investments for the retail bank. Currently the team compromises of three functions; Strategy, Project Portfolio Management and the RBS Transformation office.
Working directly with the RBS leadership team, in this role you will own the strategy setting process. You will be responsible for ensuring work aligns to strategic goals, identifying emerging gaps in strategy and execution, and owning senior stakeholders relationships across RBS and the Group.
Under the leadership of the General Manager, you will be expected to perform the following tasks and responsibilities in a manner consistent with CBA's Values and in line with its Purpose.
- Developing the RBS strategic roadmap with the RBS Group Executive and leadership team
- Leading analysis of both internal business performance the external environment to identify value creation opportunities and threats, providing recommendations and ensuring RBS is addressing relevant priorities
- Provide advice the business stakeholders to generate and prioritise initiatives
- Identify and resolve issues / risks to the delivery of strategic priorities
- Own key strategic artefacts including the RBS Strategy Board Paper
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Experience in Financial Services and/or consulting and advisory
- Capability to own and drive the agenda, make decisions and solve problems to achieve optimal outcomes in challenging circumstances
- Ability to foster and maintain relationships with senior executives and external partners
- Effective influencing and collaboration skills
- Experience in leading a large scale strategy setting process
- Ability to manage large and varied stakeholder groups
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 06/12/2020