Functional IT Consultant Utilities
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Oct 17 2017-10-19
Functional IT Consultant Utilities
We are currently looking for a FUNCTIONAL IT CONSULTANT in the Utilities industry for our office in Brussels .
Accenture Technology is about powering the future with technology. We are at the heart of shaping and driving technology disruption and digital transformation for our clients. We set the direction for Technology, developing the deep specialization to serve all businesses and industries. Our mission is to identify and incubate the next generation of Accenture services around disruptive technologies in anticipation of future demand from pioneering clients.
We are technology experts, who build and deliver high-quality and innovative technology solutions that help our clients to be successful and change the way their people and customers experience work, life and entertainment.
To know more about all our Technology careers, visit our website: https://www.accenture.com/technology .
As an employee of the technology resources workforce in resources based in Brussels, you will work within an Accenture project team at client premises. You will take over delivery and team responsibility in various technical projects in utilities (production, transport, and distribution and energy suppliers).
Your main tasks/responsibilities will include:
- Work with client business representatives and facilitate workshops to define the business requirements;
- Translate the requirements into detailed functional designs to fulfill the client needs;
- Assist the client in adapting the internal organization to new requirements and process designs;
- Participate in transitioning the business requirements to the technical IT consultants, and ensure a clear and complete understanding of the requirements;
- Test the functionalities enabled by the IT developers and ensure all business requirements are met;
- Facilitate training to enable the business representatives and support them during testing;
- Plan & prepare the transition into the new ERP system
- Coordinate and supervise activities between different stakeholders (internal or external)
- Structure and define specific solutions for issues encountered and design proposed improvements.
- University degree in Commercial of Civil Engineering, Economical sciences, Information Technology, or a business related university with a strong IT affinity;
- Previous experience of 1 to 5 years in either utilities, chemicals or natural resources companies;
- Strong interest in utilities ;
- Affinity with IT, ideally knowledge of e.g. Java, xml, sql, SAP ISU or Microsoft Dynamics AX;
- Strong analytical skills and structure problem solving;
- Team player;
- Commercial spirit;
- Result oriented;
- Ability to deliver work on time with the required quality;
- Excellent proficiency in English, Dutch and French is mandatory, additional languages are an asset;
- Willingness to travel
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions-underpinned by the world's largest delivery network-Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 411,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
Your Future Working environment
If you join Accenture you can make great ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Next to our excellent terms of employment and fringe benefits, we invest considerable resources to provide on-going training that builds and extends professional, technical and management skills in all areas. At Accenture you will operate in a professional environment where entrepreneurship is hugely encouraged. Together with international colleagues you will work on high impact projects for many of the Fortune 500 companies.
To find out more about the role or Accenture Technology Architecture offering in general, visit our microsite: https://www.accenture.com/be-en/service-architecture-services-overview .
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.