The role has responsibility for the business and functional solution design, technical analysis of FNZ's platform capabilities, business processes analysis and end to end testing (including supporting client UAT).
They will work both independently and within a client aligned team to examine existing IT systems and business models, analyse requirements (both business and technical) and to translate these into user stories and core functionality documentation. These activities will likely all include the management of stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure that solution designs meet client requirements. The analyst also be required to work closely with IT developers to provide oversight and clarity on the development solution.
The analyst tester will gain a broad knowledge of FNZ platform capabilities and a deep understanding of assigned functional areas of the FNZ platform. They will work on a consultative basis to support Solution Consultants in workshops and provide input into requirements.
The analyst tester will be involved in all aspects of analysis/testing from the more technical testing approaches including test automation, database manipulation and xml injection testing to functional specification testing and supporting UAT.
There is an expectation that the analyst will learn about our application, our business and the industry we operate in as well the range of test tools and methodologies we use to support our business. Specific Role Responsibilities Analysis:
Test Design & Preparation
- Develop and maintain a deep knowledge of the platform functionality and business processes related to their nominated functional area.
- Educate and prepare customers (external and internal) on core FNZ platform functionality.
- Working closely with our customer on site to develop solutions and testing these solutions to meet business and technical requirements.
- In solution definition promote existing FNZ functionality, processes and 3rdparty agreements wherever possible.
- Attend customer workshops when required and input into requirements on a consultative basis.
- Discuss, understand and document Systems specifications with SMEs and Development Leads.
- Produce Systems artefacts as per FNZ SDLC.
- Contribute to and maintain a knowledge repository for solution orientated artefacts.
- Work with developers and managers to ensure business requirements are met and solutions are kept up to date.
- Ensure that any new business developments adhere to procedural and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Cross functional collaboration to address gaps in the business and technical solution.
- Identify and document any non-functional requirements related to the functionality.
- Provide guidance and clarity to technical resources around the business requirements and user stories.
- Support the management of defects and associated root cause analysis.
- Functionally review build artefacts for the function area assigned.
- Interaction with the S&S and Operations functions as required throughout the lifecycle and post-implementation.
- Review/analyse business requirements to ensure they are quantifiable and testable.
- Write/Produce artefacts to support testing activities such as Test Designs, Test Matrices, Test Cases, Test Procedures, Test Scripts and Behavioural Models.
Collaboration / Communication:
- Perform structured and context-driven (formal /ad-hoc) system, system integration and regression testing as required.
- Use internal defect tracking and test case management system(s) to document test cases, record defects and record test case execution results.
- Raise and re-test defects.
- Participate in defect triage meetings as directed.
- Assist with user acceptance testing if required.
- Assist with Client support activities, supporting client UAT.
- Provide regular updates to the Delivery Manager on progress to plan as well as key risk and issues.
- Provide timely estimates to the Delivery Manager.
- Provide status updates on request.
- Work with the test teams both internally and externally (client side).
- Ensure that testing issues/ solutions are called out appropriately to the testing community, and where there are obvious process improvements promote to the broader FNZ teams and client engagement teams.
- Collaborate with other analysts to share knowledge, best practices, useful technology, and opportunities for cross-project solutions.
Maintain high standards regarding written and verbal communications to ensure that information is clearly and concisely documented and appropriately disseminated. Experience required
- First class honours degree, masters, MBA or equivalent
- Confident, and able to take initiative given client- and delivery-focused environment.
- Independent, self-directing and delivery focused working style.
- Strong analytical thinking and commercial awareness.
- Intermediate computer skills essential (SQL is desirable).
- Excellent organisational, administration and time management skills.
- Good communication skills, confident in dealing with internal and external clients.Financial services industry knowledge desired.
At FNZ, we recognise that diversity, inclusion and accessibility are important factors for our success. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation and achieve our business goals. Recruitment decisions at FNZ are made in a non-discriminatory manner where all employees are valued and respected. In particular, we want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported thus, ensuring our recruitment process is fair and equitable for all applicants.
Please let us know if there is any support we can provide to ensure FNZ's recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss specific requirements.