We are looking for an experienced system developer to join our expanding Shanghai office. The person will undertake software development tasks for the China Diversified Program (CDP) operation systems, Winton systems in general and the company’s research efforts and investment systems. This will involve trading/transmission systems, risk/accounting systems, back office/reporting systems etc.
- Develop new software and maintain existing software as instructed, whilst keeping key decision makers involved at important stages of the process.
- Clearly and effectively communicate your projects, and in general, to both your peers and manager on a timely basis. Liaise with colleagues and attend meetings as necessary to perform duties and enhance business proposals and organisational developments.
- Understand relevant financial markets and the company’s software tools. Suggest and implement changes on in-house tools to streamline different business processes to adapt the dynamic environment.
- Maintain and improve programming and statistical skills to retain a competitive advantage. Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Work within team shift system where necessary and provide occasional ‘on-call’ support to cover out-of-hours business or public holidays as required.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, Electronic Engineering, or a related field from top universities
- 1-3 years’ experience in software development. Previous experience in financial industry is a plus but not essential.
- Good understanding of .NET framework. Proficient in at least one of these programming languages C#, C++.
- Proficient at relational database development, preferably MS SQL server (T-SQL).
- Attention to detail, can work independently but also a team player.
- Able to stay calm, think clearly and solve problems under pressure.
- Experience with web development is preferred.
- Experience with Python is preferred.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin.