Senior Credit Officer, Commodities Risk & West China
As SCO Commodities Risk & West China, you are responsible for the second line of defence responsibilities related to Credit Risk, which involves oversight and challenge of risk management actions from the First Line, including the following:
- The Group's Enterprise Risk Management Framework ("ERMF") with regards to Credit Risk, which sets out the Group's approach to risk management and the control framework within which risks are managed and risk-return trade-offs are made. Ensure that the relevant first and second line owners understand and accept their risk management responsibilities.
- The Group's Risk Appetite Framework, with regards to Credit Risk, which sets out the Group's appetite to material risk types that it is exposed to. Monitor compliance to Board approved risk appetite using the risk information report covering principal risk-types Credit Risk; and highlight significant matters to the attention of senior management and senior risk committees.
- Ensure a robust effectiveness review process for the ERMF with regards to Credit Risk, and escalate significant matters and/or gaps in ERMF implementations to senior management and the relevant Board level committees as relevant.
- Building a culture of good conduct in the Risk function, and embedding the Risk Culture statement as described in the ERMF.
- Reviewing, challenging, and providing oversight of the risk profile of the Risk process universe.
- Completeness and accuracy of the business credit application and capture of critical information required for credit risk measurement and credit analysis.
- Inform the development of business plans with the provision of cost and impairment forecasts and a balanced judgment on the external environment.
- Contribute to the development of performance management and remuneration processes, in order to encourage the development of an appropriate risk culture and discipline.
- Communicate the strategic intent and collective agenda for the Function
- Supervise all processes where job holder or a member of the Function is the identified first line process owner
- Ensuring that the quality of Business Credit Applications (BCAs) meets Group standards, particularly with regards to the completeness and depth of risk analysis.
- Approving breaches of Local Portfolio Standards, to the extent permitted by WB Credit Policy.
- At least 10 years + experience in the banking industry with prior experience working in a similar capacity from another foreign bank in China preferred.
- Bachelor degree and fluency in Chinese and English
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.