Are you looking for a professional opportunity to develop, implement and maintain fundamental and statistical models for forecasting power prices? And are you interested in getting to impact strategic decisions? Then you might be the new analyst we are looking to welcome for in our Power Markets Analysis team.
Power Markets Analysis at Danske Commodities (DC)
In Power Markets Analysis, we develop quantitative models to forecast power prices, describe market dynamics and price complex products across the European power markets. To provide this to traders and portfolio managers, we rely on thorough analyses of market fundamentals and robust data solutions. The team consists of analysts with experienced quantitative profiles who can bridge the gap between trading, quantitative modelling and data. We have a natural interest in understanding the physicality of energy as a commodity but also to know how it is priced and traded in the markets.
Your journey as our new analyst for renewable energy trading
Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to the team, your tasks and our existing tools, models and databases. Your initial tasks will be to become familiar with the needed fundamental data and to become acquainted with our power system modelling software. On the longer term, you will further develop and maintain our pricing and modelling setup and play a significant role in further developing our market outlook and renewable energy trading activities.
You will become an expert on how increased electrification and renewable energy production will affect the future energy landscape – and you get to do it alongside a team of passionate experts.
As our new analyst, you will get the opportunity to impact our business and strategic decisions – while being a part of the energy transition - Martin Juhl, Manager, Head of Power Markets Analysis.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours, including the opportunity to work from home up to two days a week as per agreement with your direct leader
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- develop, implement and maintain fundamental and statistical models for price forecasting and scenario building
- perform valuation of renewable products and dispatchable assets across Europe
- join in maintaining our long-term energy outlook which includes advising and consulting on policy effects
We expect that you:
- have a relevant academic background within Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Economics or similar focusing on modelling
- OR have a minimum of three years’ experience working in a similar role in the energy industry
- have programming experience in Python, Matlab, R, SQL or similar
- are fluent in English – both written and verbal
We expect that you:
- are curious about the energy industry and have a natural interest in energy and how it will affect our future. Our work is dependent on us staying up to date
- are a structured, a logical thinker and mathematically well-grounded – you will work with great amounts of data which require a solid processing and understanding of numbers
- take a positive view: no job too big, no job too small - the team covers a wide range of tasks and we always help each other in getting the job done