Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an established energy trading house based in Denmark, who are currently looking to hire a Trading Manager to Head the Short-Term Gas Trading activities.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- In charge of managing and leading the short-term gas trading team / activities within the firm, ensuring a high level of performance and culture
- Oversee and managing the 24/7 shift rotation (requested to work weekends and nights for the initial 6 months from joining but not long term)
- Develop and implement short-term strategies to maximize value creation, while also collaborating with other teams in the gas unit
- Manage the balance in delivering on daily targets and operations as well as driving the medium-longer term ambitions to digitise operations
- Reports into Director, Head of Gas Trading and Optimisation
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum 8 years’ experience as a short term / shift trader focused on the gas markets
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to bring the best out of people on a cultural and professional level
- Solid understanding of the physical aspects of the European gas market as well as understanding the operations behind running a large physical portfolio
- Be clear and concise in delivering solutions to complex problems that may arise
- Located in Denmark or happy to relocate