Analyst / Associate, Investment Management
- Not Specified
- Copenhagen, Hovedstaden, Denmark
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Dec 18
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
BlackRock Real Estate, part of the BlackRock’s Alternatives platform, manages over $22 billion in private and public real estate equity and debt in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific. BlackRock’s Real Estate team manages investments on behalf of public and private pension plans, insurance companies, foundations, endowments and private investors. The platform manages a broad array of investment strategies, including core, value-add and opportunistic, through separate accounts and commingled funds. Our extensive experience encompasses many major geographies as well as all major property types including office, industrial, retail.
We are seeking an analyst- or associate-level investment professional to support the real estate acquisition team in the growth of the Nordic Real Estate platform. The role includes analyzing real estate markets as well as identifying and analyzing opportunities throughout the Nordics. You will be part of the transaction team who is responsible for analyzing and executing acquisitions in the Nordics on behalf of real estate funds and separate accounts managed by BlackRock. The role is based in Copenhagen but the team sources asses across the Nordics. BlackRock also has an office in Stockholm.
- Analyzing the Nordic real estate market.
- Develop investment strategies for different sources of equity (with different risk and return profiles).
- Analyzing properties and portfolios.
- Evaluate investment opportunities and calculate return parameters such as IRR and equity multiple via cash flow modelling.
- Develop asset-specific business plans.
- Preparation of investment committee papers and ad-hoc internal or external presentations
- Assist in the co-ordination due diligence including; commercial, legal, technical and tax, in close cooperation with in-house specialist as well as external consultants.
- Manage external advisors, both motivating and ensuring timely delivery.
- 2-4 years of Real Estate, Investment Banking or equivalent (preferably investor side).
- In-depth knowledge of Real Asset investment.
- Excellent understanding of cash flow modelling, developing business plans and forecasting expected returns such as IRR and equity multiple.
- Strong degree in Finance, Business Administration, Engineering school or Real Estate (or equivalent) preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent Excel real estate cashflow modeling.
- Strong Word and Power Point skills.
- Strong professional English communication skills; both oral and written level required.
- Fluent in one of the Nordic languages.
- Personal Characteristics: Results focused / driven / lateral thinker / good communicator / business acumen / enthusiastic / entrepreneurial / intellectually curious / motivated team player / flexible attitude / collaborative mindset and able to work under own initiative with minimal supervision and working closely with others in the group.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Capable of meeting deadlines and working under pressure.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.