Associate, Asset Manager
- Not Specified
- Copenhagen, Hovedstaden, Denmark
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Apr 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At of December 2017, BlackRock’s AUM was $6 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of 1 December, 2017, the firm had approximately 15,000 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
BlackRock Real Estate, part of the BlackRock’s Alternatives platform, manages over $22 billion in private and public real estate equity and debt in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific. BlackRock’s Real Estate team manages investments on behalf of public and private pension plans, insurance companies, foundations, endowments and private investors. The platform manages a broad array of investment strategies, including core, value-add and opportunistic, through separate accounts and commingled funds. Our extensive experience encompasses many major geographies as well as all major property types including office, industrial, retail.
The role is based in Copenhagen but the team sources assets across the Nordics and can give some flexibility on location. BlackRock also has an office in Stockholm.
We are seeking an Associate level asset manager to support the growth of the Real Estate platform, based in Copenhagen. The role will consist in managing the existing assets, maintaining the performance of the assets, defining and implementing strategies and completing the dispositions when required. The asset manager will also work with the local based team as well as the wider EMEA team and will report into the Vice President for Asset Management. The role will include attending client meetings and representing our asset and development capabilities on the ground. Where relevant, they will also support the acquisition team and the growth of the platform.
- Assist in defining the best asset and development management strategies
- Report in a timely manner to obtain different necessary approval to implement the strategy
- Appoint all relevant third parties and negotiate contracts e.g. lawyers, notary, tax advisors, developers, property manager, marketing and communication agency, architect, engineering, quantity surveyor, leasing agents, investment agents
- Assist in managing any development works performed on assets. From speculative development to heavy refurbishment, under any type of contract
- Manage the marketing and communication strategy
- Assist in negotiations with tenants and prospects
- Recommend decisions based on detailed analysis supported by modelling
- Help build and maintain the relationship with the banks who have financed the asset over the life of the project
- Maintain the performance of assets and make sure all processes are in place e.g. insurance
- Make sure collected rents are in line with tenancy schedule and work on the optimization of service charges
- Create in house view regarding tax structure, market rent and investment yield
- Perform hold/sell analysis on a quarterly basis
- Help build an in-house market view e.g. ERV, investment yield, regeneration areas, product of the future, investment thesis.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of cash flow models
- Experience in asset management and development management
- Previous experience in real estate investment preferably gained in one or more of the Nordic markets
- Preferably experience from an international company/institutional investor and/or private equity
- Leasing experience and a track record in dealing with tenants
- Excellent understanding of property as an asset class
- Experience reporting to and discussing with investors and other stakeholders
- Good understanding of private equity for analysis and value creation for increased returns
- Strong degree in Finance, Business Administration, Engineering school or Real Estate (or equivalent) preferred.
- 2 -5 years of experience
- Excellent Excel, Word and Power Point skills
- Strong professional Danish/Nordic Language and English communication skills; both oral and written level required;
- Team worker and sociable personality. The candidate will part of a small real estate team based in the Copenhagen office which is shared with the wider Blackrock platform focused on the Nordics
- Assertive demeanor, entrepreneurial thinking and a self-starter
- Ability to initiate and drive asset management initiatives proactively and simultaneously
- Good presentations skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Office/Retail/Logistic market
- Strong network with landlords, agents and tenants
- Significant exposure on projects/deals
- Commitment to high ethical standards
- Collaborative and entrepreneurial work environment
- Experienced senior technical and commercial teams with strong team values and excellent leaning and development opportunities
- Opportunity to grow with the Blackrock platform
- Committed to continued leaning; including Blackrock’s significant catalog of development programs
- Strong brand in Real Estate, Private Equity and Fund Management Industry
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will conside
r for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.