Natural gas operations and trader support. Co-ordinates all aspects of the post-deal trading activity to ensure contract execution runs smoothly. Provide commercial/market information to the trader as necessary including day ahead trade support. Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to interpret the operational requirements of each contract, can review and comment on operational aspects of same. Understands the basic legal framework supporting natural gas contracts
- Has a good understanding of common pipeline operations and terminology. Able to ensure satisfactory commercial operation of natural gas flows under minimal supervision.
- Has a good understanding of relevant market infrastructure and business practices, has experience in communications with pipeline and storage operators
- Has experience in handling pipeline transport and storage capacity auctions.
- Has a good understanding of the different types of financial instruments and their uses.
Key Relationships and Department Overview: Key Relationships
- Review and comment on contracts/tenders to ensure consistency with the trade ticket / recap.
- Execute daily operational activities:
- Conduct daily position checks for all European hubs
- Check and circulate send-outs for all terminals
- Executes a trade for transport/gas with their scheduling counterpart, keeping Traders in copy of confirms whenever changes to schedules, or pipeline restrictions indicate an unbalanced position, logging the trade and entering in corporate resourse management platfrom.
- Appoint third party providers in line with group policy
- Liaise/coordinate with Finance, providing them with accurate and timely data needed for issuing of L/C's and obtaining P/Us
- Send daily nominations for within-day and day ahead; highlight imbalances to traders (if any) for all hubs within scope of role and act on the market to
- Handle all aspects of customs exportation/importation where applicable
- Ensure timely invoicing / payment of cargoes
- Monitor accounts receivables and control issue of interest invoices where applicable
- Maintain good records on all operations
- Ensure that corporate resources management platform is updated regularly and at all times reflects the latest information available / exceptions are kept to a minimum
- Monitor and advise deals desk of all costs related with each transaction (P&L awareness)
- Ensure operations are optimised to best commercial advantage, ensuring all contractual obligations are met (e.g. minimising/maximising of volumes / reducing exposures).
- Participate in short and long-term transport capacity auctions after consulting with Trading team. Send cost analysis for decision-making purposes.
- Assisting in storage auctions preparations, being able to analyse and process documentary, financial and other requirements and communicate them to all involved teams.
- Negotiate the Terminal sendouts with the Terminal Operators within contractual realms to maximise the value for the natural gas book.
- Manage storage logistics, handling day-to-day ops, checking storage levels, booking capacities for ops, understanding potential for penalties. Closing swap trades directly with c/p and matching trades on daily basis with all c/p's. Update storage injections/withdrawals on regular basis to gauge proper start of day position for each day along with P&L reconciliation for deals desk. Complete storage reconciliations; identify and investigate loss/gain differences. Understand regulatory changes and potential impacts to business.
- Maximise recoveries and ensure that all claims to third parties are correctly documented and presented. Secure payment of third party claims.
- Maintain good working practises with other trade support divisions - claims /deals desk / trade finance / chartering
- Establish and/or maintain good working relationships with contractual operations counterparts / third party service providers on a regular basis
- Participate in setting-up new business, checking GTC's for each hub and escalating risks and red flags accordingly.
- Training of less experienced members of the operations team to develop and increase knowledge / commercial awareness.
- Follow strictly internal procedures and company's policies. Adhere to Trafigura's Code of Conduct / HSEC Policy and Business Principles.
- Identify and escalate operational issues to Regional Manager seeking guidance as appropriate.
- Possess technical skills to improve processes and build automation.
- Finance Department
- Deals Desk Department (Risk and PnL)