We are now looking for a Senior Financial Credit Analyst to assist us in our investment process. The ideal candidate has strong fundamental research skills in financials and is able to translate the views into absolute and relative value investments.
At Nordea, you’ll take part in supporting individuals, families, small start-ups, big companies and institutions. You’ll find that our choices – big or small – really matter. And your skills, passion for customers and unique background are what we need to provide the financial solutions of tomorrow. With us, you’ll be in good company with plenty of opportunities to grow and make your mark on something bigger.
Fixed Income Credit consists of 22 people managing €16bn of assets. The group runs strategies covering all risk levels and industries, including Financials-only products. We have a European focus and our customer base is both retail and institutional.
About this opportunity
Welcome to a five person Global Financials team, consisting of two portfolio managers and three credit analysts covering both financials-only portfolios and the financial sectors of the Investment Grade and High Yield strategies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Performing fundamental and market analyses, including valuations of the capital structure
- Based on the research, suggesting investable strategies and trades for the portfolios
- Participating in investment strategy meetings for a wide range of strategies investing in financials, pitching your own ideas, as well as debating other analysts’ ideas
- Contributing to the discussions of risks and names followed by other financials analysts and portfolio managers
- Following-up on names and positions as markets change and news appear
The role is based in Copenhagen.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Have passion for learning and love for details, continuing to ask questions when others would stop, as well as strong understanding of what important variables and concepts for a is given investment case
- Have excellent spoken and written communication skills and are able to communicate investment ideas in a clear and structured manner. You are equally comfortable working independently and with taking ownership as working in a team environment, focusing on the common good
- Are self-managed and have structured approach to daily tasks and problem solving
- Possess ability to make decisions based on incomplete information, recognise and respect the inherent uncertainty in the process, as well as are willing to learn from any events and to adjust your views accordingly
- We value individuality and put high emphasis on trust, respect, open dialogue and humour. Within these parameters we encourage constructive conflict and want everyone to be heard and to speak up
Your experience and background:
- Credit research experience, buy-side or sell-side
- In-depth research knowledge of financial issuers, e.g. banks, insurance companies, debt purchasers or consumer finance companies
- Thorough understanding of credit markets and capital structures
- Well-founded knowledge of bond mathematics
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or other relevant discipline
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 26th September 2019. Please note that we will proceed with potential candidates already during the application period.
For more information about the position, please contact co-heads of the Global Financial Strategies team, Jacob Topp, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Andreas Bisgaard Høegh, at email@example.com.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.