Scope Ratings is looking for a proven and result-driven Senior Analyst for a fast-paced, rapidly challenging credit rating company. As a Senior Analyst, you will be part of our EU-based Financial Institutions Team based in Frankfurt or Berlin. You will be responsible for assessing banking risk and monitoring existing ratings. In addition, you will play a vital part in the development of new methodologies and work closely with other team members to take the next step in establishing a strong presence in the banking sector.
Your tasks & responsibilities
- Assess bank credit risk for the purpose of ratings. The analysis is performed on a cross-border peer-group basis thus demanding the analyst a broad view on the banking industry and its dynamics – not confined to one or a few countries.
- Present rating recommendations to rating committees and be able to support them with solid coherent arguments and facts.
- Monitor existing ratings and when necessary recommend reviews and changes on a timely basis.
- Contribute to the development of Scope’s new methodologies
- Produce high-quality, insightful and forward-looking research and analytical comments on a timely basis (thematic, name-specific, market-specific, etc.)
- Attend, and act as a lead rating analyst on meetings with bank representatives, including senior management.
- Be able to represent Scope Ratings expertise to investors and other market participants, as well as give presentations and briefings at a highly professional level.
- Work closely with the other banking team members and other analytical units and management in Scope Group.
Your professional & personal profile
- This is a position for a candidate with a significant amount of experience in the field of bank analysis and a solid and proven track record. Prior direct experience in a rating agency is not a requirement although it may be an additional consideration.
- At least 10 years of credit analysis experience is expected (not all of it necessarily in bank credit assessment).
- Experience and knowledge in Capital securities, Senior Debt Categories, Non-Bank Financials, Covered Bonds and Government-related Entities.
- Excellent familiarity with numbers and accounting concepts applicable to banks (IFRS and other systems as necessary), as well as with financial and prudential ratios and other metrics relevant for bank analysis.
- Good insight in bank regulations and banking-industry trends.
- Extensive knowledge of bank debt instruments and their characteristics.
- Proven ability and willingness to write high-quality and insightful research and comments on a timely basis with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use Blomberg, SNL and standard office applications as necessary in the day-to-day work.
- Be a team player and a dynamic participant in the activities of the bank rating group Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including in discussions with senior representatives of issuers, investors and intermediaries.
- Experience in research writing with written and oral communication skills in English and German is a must.
We look forward to learning more about you from your convincing application. Please apply online using our application tool quoting the reference “20210122 “. Please note: For non-EU applicants, a valid work and residence permit is a prerequisite for this job position.
What we want to see
- Signed current CV
- Criminal record certificate
- At least 3 letters of reference
- Copy of your university degrees and certificates
Scope Ratings is part of the Scope Group with headquarters in Berlin and offices in Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan, Oslo and Paris. As the leading European credit rating agency, the company specializes in the analysis and rating of financial institutions, corporates, structured finance, project finance and public finance. Scope Ratings offers credit risk analysis that is opinion-driven, forward-looking and non-mechanistic – an approach which adds to a greater diversity of opinions for institutional investors. Scope Ratings is a credit rating agency registered in accordance with the EU rating regulation and operating in the European Union with ECAI status.