Fixed Income Research, Asia ex-Japan Macro (FX) Strategy, Research Associate
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Nov 17 2017-11-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1, 200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
I. Research ( http://www.morganstanley.com/what-we-do/research )
Through timely, in-depth analysis of companies, industries, markets and world economies, Morgan Stanley has earned its reputation as a leader in the field of investment research.
Morgan Stanley’s Asia (ex-Japan) Fixed Income Research team is seeking a Research Associate to join the Macro Strategy team.
Based in Hong Kong, this Asia ex-Japan Macro Strategy Research Associate will:
- Focus on building and maintaining internal research models, handling client requests and generating trade ideas
- Quickly be expected to evolve towards leading coverage for a sub-set of Asia ex-Japan markets and developing strong client relationships
Qualifications and Skill-sets
- 2-3 years of experience in AXJ macro markets in a leading buy-side or sell-side financial institution
- Experience in both Foreign Exchange and Interest Rate strategy, as well as a good working knowledge of the major AXJ macro markets
- A university degree with excellent academic results
- Proven research writing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English, fluency in Mandarin advantageous but not essential
- Strong Microsoft Excel and data management skills
- Outstanding analytical skills including experience with economics and finance a strong plus
- Solid quantitative skills preferred
- High energy, self-motivated, creative and organized team player
- Attention to detail with ability to multi-task and reprioritize a must