Project Manager - Regulatory Change
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The APAC Project Services team is responsible for managing change across the APAC division.
The role will specifically play a crucial role in helping the APAC division become aligned with regulatory changes related to pre trade, trade execution and post trade. In addition will be working on multiple regulatory requirements such as benchmark regulations, licensing among other regulatory initiatives.
The resource will be a key member of the team with the opportunity to work with multiple business lines (Private Banking, Investment Banking), jurisdictions (APAC regional regulators across Singapore, Hong Kong), as well as other specialist teams such as Compliance and General Counsel teams. Key Responsibilities
Key responsibilities are related to Project Management support / business analysis.
- Conduct gap analysis of open issues and requirements, develop solutions
- Drive working group meetings
- Prepare relevant project artefacts in line with change governance standards
- Co-ordinate and lead end-to-end project activities covering process changes, testing, training, communication
- Co-ordinate project work with other businesses (business COO teams, legal, compliance etc.)
- Possess minimum 3 years of project/change-management experience with financial services / consulting firm with a focus on financial services
- Played a lead role in the implementation of regulatory or other operational changes
- Experience in the design and implementation of target operating models
- Strong analytical skills and eye for detail
- Outstanding problem solving skills and a can-do attitude
- Strong presentation skills with advance level power point and excel
- Able to handle difficult conversations with senior business partners
- Experience working with front office, COO or Compliance is advantageous
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working under pressure to deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.