- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- LMA Recruitment
- 20 May 19
Senior Risk Analytics - Insurance
A reputable, international life insurance organisation is urgently looking for a Senior Risk Analytics Manager in their Hong Kong office. - Life Insurance - Strong risk management experience - Actuarial experience preferred
- Production, validation and communication of Solvency II Capital Requirements (SCR) and associated reporting.
- Create insightful Analysis of Change for SCR movement including the underlying drivers and their movement.
- Establish trusted relationship with stakeholders in the China JV as well as (Asia wide) local, regional and group stakeholders.
- Mentor junior staff and lead coordination of various functions during the Solvency II production cycle
- Regular monitoring of the implementation of localized risk policies including monthly monitoring of the adherence to defined limits and creation of summary reports for senior management.
- Support and lead in various projects such as ALM / RAF implementation with partner functions such as investments, finance and actuarial as well as any ad-hoc work such as limit extension requests.
- Independent Review and analysis of the Market Value Balance Sheet for various countries
- Prepare concise summaries for senior management for the quarterly regional risk management committee.
- Drive the creation of business insights gained from Solvency II and local solvency reporting for senior management; identify potential issues and challenges to be raised by the Regional CRO and Regional CEO
- Support the wider mandate of the regional risk analytics team and take project and coordination leads
- University degree in actuarial science, statistics or other similar major in recognized University
- Qualified actuary or progressing well with actuarial exams
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork; ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders at different levels; demonstrated experience to navigate ambiguity and to take decisions under uncertainty
- Minimum 8-10 years’ actuarial experience in the life insurance industry, preferably in financial risk and life risk management or actuarial valuation
- Knowledge in MCEV or Solvency II (especially Standard Formula), economic capital and risk-based capital frameworks
- Deep understanding of different life products, their risk profile and relation to capital requirements under dynamically changing conditions
- Good skills in Excel and actuarial valuation processes and tools
- First managerial experience and experience in leading cross functional projects
- Ideally (but not must) experience in ERM related processes and governance frameworks such as risk appetite frameworks, ORSA, setting and monitoring of risk limits
- Fluent in English and Mandarin (compulsory)
Company Reg. No.: 201131609D
Licence No.: 11C4684
EA Reg no: R1106582
Suitable candidates currently based in Hong Kong are highly preferred. Open to consider candidates outside of Hong Kong with relevant experience and right motivation.