Analyst, Python Developer- Strategic Projects
Description About this role Business Unit Overview:
Risk & Quantitative Analysis (RQA) performs the risk management activities and quantitative analysis functions at BlackRock.
RQA's mission is to help BlackRock manage its fiduciary and corporate risks, and provide independent risk oversight. In the course of executing this mission, RQA provides quantitative analysis to many of BlackRock's businesses and helps promote the spread of best practices across the firm
RQA Operations team provides customized analysis of investment performance for RQA and across the various investment teams and management committees. The team
- Provides the necessary oversight and analytics used in reporting and presenting investment performance in Blackrock.
- Actively participate and lead in setting the investment performance analysis, reporting and presentation policies and standards in Blackrock.
- Provides report production support to Global RQA
- Provides Business Analyst support and solution for operational tasks or activities in RQA.
This individual will be part of the Global RQA team. We are looking for candidates with proven managerial skills and exceptional Business, technical, quantitative and communication skill to join RQA. Candidates will work with Risk Managers across the globe to solve business problems through automation and technology solutions. They will also act as a strong link with the technology teams in Aladdin Product group to help define business requirements for developing strategic solutions
The incumbent should be experienced in Python and R and other languages knowledge is advantageous. Key Job Responsibilities:
Experience, Skills and Qualification:
- Expertise in running multiple concurrent projects based on requirements.
- Manage delivery of tactical technology development and requirements for successful on time/ on Scope/ on Budget delivery.
- Proactively escalate relevant issues
- Analyze and capture functional and technical requirements through collaboration with SMEs (other technical leads and business analysts) and help identify the right solutions
- Facilitate cross-organizational communication and act as the point of contact for RQA with technology teams to develop strategic solutions.
- Understand flow of information and data between various groups and systems.
- Support and complete various efficiency and capacity-building initiatives, including automation/ standardization efforts.
- Constantly evaluate systems, processes and procedures for inefficiencies, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Supporting RQA community through incisive consulting and advisory work on solutions delivery for Business problems.
Candidates should have an expressed interest in tackling the difficult real world problems, analytics and reporting. The candidate is required to have outstanding business, communication, presentation and leadership skills. An attention to detail, a strong work ethic and ability to work as part of a team in fast paced environment are other important characteristics.
- +2 years of relevant experience primarily in Python and R
- Knowledge of other languages like: Java, Scala, C++, SAS, SQL or similar is an advantage
- Should be able to demonstrate strong awareness and usage of Open source frameworks
- Interest in computational statistics, data science and applications of machine learning
- Self-help attitude towards new technology combined with a quick ability to size up new projects.
- Demonstrated track record working successfully managing changing demands and circumstances; capable of responding resourcefully to ambiguity.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Displays thought leadership
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Being able to multi task and prioritize work
- Flexible work schedule
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.