We are Planet We have vast international payments experience at our company. We span all corners of the globe in pursuit of delivering the best rated partner for service innovation and technology leadership.
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Development we are looking for a dynamic and highly talented individual with innovative mind-set to lead an agile development team. You will be based in Dublin Ireland and in your role you will apply your Outsystems technical expertise and be responsible for technical delivery of outstanding services, products and experiences for our internal and external customers.
The role primarily entails owning the technical delivery of Outsystems applications in our quest to be the best in our industry. You will apply your can-do mentality and take pride in delivering high quality mobile and web applications on time that wows internal and external end-users. You will work closely with Scrum master and developers in the team.
What you will do
- Be responsible for technical delivery of enterprise-grade web and mobile applications in your business domain.
- Be responsible for detailed technical design at a solution level and technical leadership.
- Identify technical tasks required to achieve user stories handed over by product team and taking lead in writing technical specifications.
- Estimate technical effort, work breakdown structure, risks and solutions at a solution level.
- Ensure code in OutSystems is maintainable, scalable, built for ease of use, and performs optimally and strive to apply best practices in all aspects of your work.
- Drive increase in software component reuse, platforms and environment consolidation and championing the goal of reducing overall IT costs.
- Create new features using the OutSystems platform so the role entails some hands-on development as well.
- As technical lead mentor other developers, perform code reviews on their work and take pride in developing their talent so it further benefits the team.
- Participate in review sessions and contribute to improvements in process & work methods.
- Work closely and effectively with Scrum master and other team members to meet project milestones.
- Contribute to UI framework strategy and SDLC. Build and manage templates, widgets, and pattern library components.
Who You Are
- A professional with expertise in OutSystems development, testing, and implementation
- A professional with an understanding the software development lifecycle, including agile methodologies
- You have strong analytical skills with the ability to solve problems and formulate recommendations
What you will need
- Integration experience with external systems using customized Web Services (Integration Studio)
- Excellent logical skills, especially with regards to programming
- Proven leadership experience, coaching junior developers
- Deep understanding and experience in building Enterprise Architecture Portal platform.
- Ability to influence in virtual and intercultural teams and drive multi layered project teams to successful results
- Proficiency with English language, written and spoken.
- Experience working with low-code platforms is a plus including JIRA, Confluence and Slack.
Founded in Ireland in 1985, Planet (formally Fintrax) is one of the world's leading Tax Free Shopping ('TFS'), Dynamic Currency Conversion ('DCC'), Credit Card Processing and point of sale technology companies providing international shoppers, merchants, partner banks and acquirers with easy, fast and reliable service. Planet operates in 57 countries, serving 300,000 merchants directly and through over 100 acquiring banks. It handles over €15billion in payments annually.
The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, and particularly since 2010, has experienced exceptional growth. In December 2017, it purchased the number three player in the currency conversion and related payments markets and is now the number one player worldwide in these markets. Today, the Payments business accounts for 40% of Group revenues, and Planet has leading market positions as well as a strong business model, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption. It has also recently become an acquirer in its own right for both Visa and Mastercard processing
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market.