Mediolanum is looking for a Data Engineer to join its expanding Analytical Intelligence Competency Centre (AICC). The candidate will be involved in the full life-cycle focusing on inception, requirements, design and testing of new Enterprise Datawarehouse deliveries.
This position will focus on designing and implementing new data models, ETL, and a range of Business Intelligence and Analytics outputs to support the needs of the business. The role will be a combination of delivering new requirements, in addition to providing support for existing functionality using the technology within the business. It is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team in the organisation.
The primary technologies in use are Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services, Qlik Sense, Power BI. Duties
• Design, build and test these data models, data imports and reports to meet business requirements, including supporting User Acceptance Testing
• Use Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and associated SQL tools to build, test, deploy and support a range of ETL processes
• Support the administration of the underlying SQL Server platform
• Solve data-related problems within the team and implement efficient data pipelines
• Work closely with the business to understand their problems and operational needs.
• Maintain data pipelines, measuring performance and ensuring good data quality by implementing adequate monitoring
• Create structured and ad-hoc reports using Mediolanum's business intelligence tools Qlik Sense & Power BI
• Maintain required documents to support maintenance and knowledge building
• Maintains data dictionary by revising and entering definitions
• Determine changes in physical database by studying project requirements; identifying database characteristics, such as location, amount of space, and access method.
• Maintains user reference by writing and rewriting database descriptions
• Contribute in company data transformation and technological transformation Skills & Competencies
• Proficient in SQL development and dealing with relational databases.
The following, while not required, are considered an advantage:
• Experience building APIs ( REST / SOAP )
• Knowledge of Python or R
• Knowledge of ML / AI environments and challenges - particularly as it relates to data management
• Engineering and/or software development experience
• Knowledge of Tableau or D3.js Qualifications & Experience
• Degree+ (2.1 or higher) in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or Mathematics
• 4+ years professional experience in Data Warehousing, Microsoft SQL Server Development, and Microsoft SSIS platforms
• Experience with ETL tools such as Microsoft SSIS, Azure Data Factory, Talend or Informatica
• Demonstrable architecture experience at enterprise scale
• Data Warehouse and DataMart design and implementation
• Data modeling of relational and dimensional databases
• End to end project lifecycle experience from concept to delivery and support
• History of working successfully with cross-functional teams
• Visualization: Qlik Sense; Power BI
• Continuous delivery and deployment using Agile Methodologies