Bloomberg Data Management Services (DMS) delivers the world's foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service. What's the role?
As a DevSecOps Engineer at Bloomberg DMS, you will work closely with our product, engineering and security teams to build and scale our continuous security program. You will help introduce industry best practices to the engineering team and continuous improvement of the development process, driving a culture of security through education, knowledge sharing, and advising/consulting with other teams. You will help to further secure our customer and vendor data, application configurations, and infrastructure from quickly global and growing cybersecurity threats.
You will leverage your experience within the security space to work closely among security, product, and engineering teams to assess and remediate risk, as well as design and support new security-related processes within our Software Development Life-Cycle. You will maintain an understanding of, and defend against the latest threats, continuing to provide the standard of excellence Bloomberg customers have come to expect. What will you be doing?
What would we like you to have?
- Working directly with our security, product, and engineering teams to implement security best practices across our private cloud infrastructure and applications, in a collaborative and automated manner
- Securing our Software Development Life-Cycle by participating in and improving security-related phases of the cycle.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest cybersecurity threats and implement best practices for protection.
- Driving a culture of security through education, knowledge sharing, and advising/consulting
- Supporting and contributing to internal security policies and processes to ensure company and customer data is secure.
Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 2+ years experience as a DevOps/DevSecOps Engineer.
- 3+ years experience in a security engineering position.
- 7+ years experience in IT.
- Strong experience securing Linux based infrastructure via configuration management tools (Ansible or equivalent)
- Strong experience in automating certain security functions (vulnerability management, change management, etc.) supporting compliance efforts.
- Strong experience securing web applications (OWASP).
- Strong experience working with Source Code Analysis Tools (SCAT) and Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) tools
- Strong experience with Linux-based systems and containerized environments
- Experience securing micro-services and REST APIs.
- Strong experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools.
- Strong knowledge of threat modelling and risk assessment techniques.
- Experience implementing and integrating automated vulnerability scanning systems (Trivy, Nessus, Clair, et al.)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication in English.
Why Bloomberg DMS?
- Security-related certifications (CISSP, CSSLP, CCSP, Security+, etc).
- Experience with industry-leading secrets management platforms (e.g. Hashicorp Vault)
- Experience working with Atlassian products (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence). Behaviours:
- Approachable, constructive, professional, willing to help
- Self-starter, problem-solver with strong continuous learning mentality
- Proven track record of engaging and influencing key decision making processes
- Collaborative approach, ability to work in a team and share/leverage team member skills
At Bloomberg DMS, You will have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and what to help us achieve our mission to "Simplify Data Management". If this sound like you we'd love to hear from you! What is Bloomberg? See for yourself!
http://www.bloomberg.com/careers/blog/what-is-bloomberg Our benefits are not bad either!!
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Health insurance for you and your dependents
- Life Assurance
- Disability Assurance
- Paid parental leave (4 weeks)
- Tax saver scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Bicycle storage and Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- Discounts on Bloomberg sponsored events
- Fun events for employees, friends & family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.