Job Description The Analytical Design team is mandated with developing, configuring, and maintaining Analytic Logic, tools, and processes for the Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) team within Moody's Risk Assessments and its affiliates .
This role will suit a highly motivated problem solver with excellent communication skills and a proven ability to use their own initiative and work with minimal supervision. The responsibilities of a quantitative analyst include:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our ESG analytic tools
- Research statistical and mathematical techniques to evaluate performance of ESG analytic tools
- Lead and assist with development of quantitative tools for ESG analyst
- Create documentation for quantitative tool specifications
- Build and maintain relationships with analytical staff and management
- Assisting with ad-hoc quantitative project to update and improve the ESG rating process
- Master's degree in Mathematical Finance, Financial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance, Physics, or related fields.
- Experience developing quantitative models is a must (2 or more years)
- Understanding of model development including model design and implementation.
- Working knowledge of the following technologies: Python, R, and SQL
- Hard working, easy to work with, and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to communicate clearly and succinctly and collaborate with others.
- Rigorous and analytical thought process and able to work independently
- Fluency in English a must
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.