Senior Software Engineer
Job Description The Analytic Design team is mandated with developing, configuring, and maintaining Analytic Logic, tools, and processes to support the Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) Solutions group.
This role will suit a highly motivated problem solver with excellent communication skills and a proven ability to use their own initiative and work with minimal supervision. The Candidate will present a passion for solving problems and analyzing patterns to arrive at tools to enhance the user experience for ESG analysts. Candidate should be enthusiastic, collaborative, and comfortable working independently. From a technical perspective we are looking for a full stack developer with core competencies in web application and analytic tool development.
- BS (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Financial Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum experience required 4-6 years
- Strong python development and debugging skills
- Strong web development skills using AngularJS or ReactJS, NodeJS, TypeScript and HTML5
- Experience with Cloud deployment on Amazon AWS
- Experience with source control tools such as GIT HUB a strong plus
- Experience with SQL Query writing skills and an understanding of database architecture principles strongly preferred
- Experience in ESG is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Rigorous and analytical thought process and able to work independently
- Fluency in English a must
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.