R-655743 International Financial Data Services, Platform, Transfer Agency - Associate
Grow your career at IFDS
IFDS is a joint venture between affiliates of Boston-based State Street Corporation, the world's leading provider of services to institutional investors, and DST Systems Inc., a Kansas City, Missouri-based leading provider of shareholder accounting services and proprietary systems.
Both organizations have over 40 years' experience and joint venture track record via our sister company in the US, Boston Financial Data Services (BFDS). Together we form part of the world's largest investor record-keeping / transfer agency services provider. In the role of Transfer Agent Platform you will be responsible for:
To be successful in this role, your experience should include:
- The main activities within the team are the processing, monitoring, chasing and settlement of the platform transactions orders -mainly Clearstream- ensuring they are in good order for execution as per the instruction received.
- The Dealing Platform team also ensure that the securities reconciliations, balance breaks and reconciliations exceptions between transfer agent, authorized participant, clearing houses and depositories are performed timely and accurately.
- Another duty of the team is to ensure payments between collection and clearing accounts are processed correctly and within currency cut off deadlines.
- The team service a large number of clients and each associate has to deal with multiple dealing cut off times through the day for various clients.
- This is a multi-cultural and very dynamic environment where contact with different stakeholders is mandatory (Custody, Fund Accounting, Internal Units)
- The team provides coverage from 7.30 till 18.30.
- There are constant and regular cross training to ensure knowledge sharing within the team and to enable a full functional coverage within Platforms at all time.
- Dealing Platform is a good entry point as it provides a good understanding of transaction processing and link to the other areas.
As part of State Street pre-hire background screening process, we apply a risk-based approach to determine the requirement of carrying out such checks on candidates, including criminal record checks. This role is judged to be sufficiently sensitive to warrant carrying out a criminal record check. By applying for this job you are consenting to State Street completing background checks including criminal record checks.
- Previous work experience within a busy and fast paced business (preferably financial sector)
- Degree level education in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or Science related subject.
- Demonstrable ability to learn quickly and work autonomously.
- Existing knowledge of the fund industry from study or work experience.
- Experienced in working to daily deadlines and to a high level of accuracy and detail.
- Motivated to join a busy and demanding team
- English + another language, Professional, Accountable, Client focus
- Strong preference for people with experience in subscriptions & redemptions (TA dealing)