(Expression of Interest) Manager - Tax Dispute Resolution
Line of Service
Tax Industry/Sector Specialism
Tax Dispute Resolution (TDR) Management Level
Manager Job Description & Summary
A career in our Dispute Resolution Network practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients manage tax disputes, audits, and examinations worldwide by implementing consistent and defensible practices and policies. You'll help our clients develop coordinated approaches to audits and disputes around the globe, adopt preventative measures, and leverage both traditional and new alternative dispute resolution techniques in order to achieve best results. Please note that we are not hiring for this role currently. However, we welcome you to express your interest as it allows our recruiters to collect your information and reach out to you should there be a suitable vacancy. Your indication of interest through this job posting will not be considered as an application. Responsibilities:
The role will involve you dealing with all tax enquiries and investigations from the early stage introduction to the settlement of the tax dispute.
- Manage the tax audits / investigations process through a pro-active role to mitigate tax risks of the client
- Advising the client on tax issues relating to the tax audits / investigations and its implications
- Advice on information / documentation preparation
- Review document for onward submission to the tax authorities
- Attend meetings to present / explain the position taken by the Company on the issues raised or document submitted
- Tax legislation and case law research in relation to the issues raised by tax authorities
- Shortening the investigation period through satisfactory resolution of issues between the client's company and tax authorities
- To discuss with the Company the overall strategy on finalisation and settlement of the client's Company tax dispute
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Additional application instructions
- At least 6 years' strong Corporate Tax and / or Tax Dispute Resolution experience. Those with legal background with experience handling Corporate Tax cases will also be considered
- Must possess very strong financial and analytical skills
- Creative problem solver
- Comfortable with handling conflicts
- High attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent at formulating persuasive legal and commercial arguments
Please attach following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Certificates and Transcripts, from SPM (or equivalent) onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required: Bachelor Degree
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified)
English, Malay Travel Requirements
Up to 20% Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
No Government Clearance Required?
Yes Job Posting End Date