Derivatives Manager, Officer
Who we are looking for:
Support internal clients to achieve successful implementation of Target Operating model by providing operating model support and expertise. Investigate new and better ways of meeting the needs of our clients ensuring an emphasis on risk reduction, efficiency and control. What you will be responsible for:
What we value:
- Understands role of individual and department within Derivatives CoE and is able to navigate within department to achieve desired results;
- Carries out daily responsibilities independently with minimal guidance and supervision;
- Holds self and/or others accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments, deadlines, or milestones;
- Clearly communicates complex operational or technical subjects to internal or external clients, both in formal and informal settings;
- Viewed by subordinates, superiors, and external clients as demonstrating maturity, professional conduct and common courtesy;
- Supports and motivates others to reach goals.
- Utilizes diverse workforce and talent to attain individual, team, and department goals;
- Shows a positive attitude in changing organizational situations;
- Lead and motivate staff, particularly direct reports;
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behaviour; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures;
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for the Senior Associate(s) and/or A2s within your charge;
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to Senior Associate(s) and /or A2s on technical, professional and client issues;
- Agree goals for Senior Associate(s) and/or A2s & team annually and keep up to date on the performance management system during the year;
- Monitor and appraise the performance of Senior Associate(s) and/or A2s - providing regular formal and informal feedback ensuring the performance management system is updated within corporate deadlines;
- Manage resources & take responsibility for the recruitment.
Education & Preferred Qualifications::
- Numeracy / Literacy skills;
- Confident in dealing with all situations; Excellent Communication; Organisational and Report Writing skills; Proficient in the use of MS Office tools including Word and Excel;
- Proven experience of team management in a financial services environment;
- Exercise sound judgment in all matters;
- Leverage knowledge and technology to ensure optimal results;
- Drive execution of all client and business related tasks;
- Provide outstanding service to all client/s - internally & externally.
- Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent;
- 4+ years working in the provision of fund administration services or have worked in another aspect of the Financial Services Industry for a number of years.
About State Street What we do.
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow
. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers.