Fund Accounting & Administration Specialist with State Street Global Advisors, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
Are you passionate about business strategy?
Do you want to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment?
Are you forward thinking, curious and naturally dissatisfied with an outdated status quo?
Why this role is important to us
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $3 trillion in assets. For more than three decades, investors worldwide have benefited from our disciplined, precise investment process and powerful global platform offering access to every major asset class, capitalization range and style across the indexing and active spectrums. SSGA is the investment management arm of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutions.
What you will be responsible for
• Responsible for the oversight of 600+ SSGA commingled fund products
• Primarily responsible for expense accruals, payments and analysis including expense cap analysis across all SSGA Defined Contribution products
• Plan and coordinate non-standard activities normally involving expense analysis and revenue forecasting
• Work with Custodians and other external parties
• Assist in the creation and enhancement of written procedures
• Demonstrates ability to add value through solid computer skills and/or other required business applications.
• Focuses on personal development and continuing education.
• Play a key role in the annual audit as a resource within the team.
• Contribute to process improvement initiatives.
• Able to assume responsibility for all tasks within the group.
What we value
• Collaborative by nature with the ability to help others achieve more, working with local and global teams, including the flexibility to work within global deadlines.
• Take ownership, initiative and successfully navigate within a fast-paced and international environment of a leading global financial institution.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
• 2-4 years of fund accounting experience preferred
• Experience in expense accrual analysis and expense caps preferred
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong problem solving and resolution skills.
• Writing macros and VB experience a plus
• Effective in a team, providing support as required
• Ability to prioritize workload and work to tight deadlines
• High degree of accuracy when working
• Good numerical and analytical abilities
• Expert in Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent attention to detail
About State Street
What we do.
We employ a diverse group of people within our 26 worldwide locations and 10 investment centers. As an organization, we are committed to corporate social responsibility. Active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader, is a fundamental value at State Street. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients.