Software Engineer, Officer
Who we are looking for:
Software Engineer will contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of one or more Charles River IMS modules or components as a member of an agile scrum team. Provide engineering troubleshooting assistance to customer support teams and other development teams within Charles River. What you will be responsible for:
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Working under modest supervision to design, develop, test, and debug small to medium software enhancements and solutions within the business and technical problem domains
- Collaborating with Business Analysts and Product Managers to turn business requirements of moderate complexity into working and sustainable software
- Participating in the design of product architecture within the teams scope of responsibility
- Writing unit and automation tests to ensure a high quality end product
- Conducting manual tests to ensure a high quality end product
- Participating in code reviews
- Contributing the written design and API documentation, and participate in customer documentation process
- Participating is cross-team group activities to complete assignments
- Working in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment
What We Offer:
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years of progressively responsible professional software engineering experience
- Professional Java development experience, core Java and Multithreading
- At least 1 year professional experience in Angular and/or other web frameworks a plus
- Professional experience in C# with particular focus on front-end / UI development, preferred
- Professional experience in SQL development and performance optimization, preferable on Oracle and SQL-Server
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated skill with object-oriented programming, data structures, compiler or interpreter technologies, operating systems, relational databases (RDBMS), scripting and modern/advanced programming languages
- BS/MS (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Experience with developing applications for the financial markets is a plus (Fixed Income, Trading, FX, Risk, Portfolio/Wealth Management, Market Data, FIX, etc.)
Why this role is important to us:
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- Multisport card/cinema tickets / money transfer
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer