Account Manager/ Relationship Manager
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1 trillion in assets under management as of 31 December 2019, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
We are seeking an experienced Account Manager/Relationship Manager to support the business development, relationship management and client service needs of the Global Relationship Group (GRG) team across Asia ex-Japan, with particular focus on our institutional clients in South East Asia. This individual will work closely with the APAC GRG team to understand each client's long term investment objectives and policy issues and bring the resources of the organization to bear on behalf of the client, with the goal of delivering a level of service that will exceed the client's expectations and position Wellington Management as the partner of choice.
The Account Manager/Relationship Manager is a hybrid role. He/she is responsible for retaining, servicing and expanding Wellington Management's existing client relationships. In addition, he/she is responsible for growing our footprint in this region by targeting new segments and acquiring new clients. Our client relationships range from large strategic clients with multiple-mandates to smaller clients. To fulfill these responsibilities, the Account Manager/Relationship Manager works in partnership with investment, product management, marketing, legal, operations, and other professionals at Wellington Management to identify client issues and solutions, and to develop and maintain the client's trust, confidence, and overall satisfaction with the firm's services.
This Account Manager/Relationship Manager position will be based in Singapore and have responsibility for our institutional clients in South East Asia.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Grow our footprint in Southeast Asia by acquiring new clients
- Serve as a primary senior point of contact for clients
- Customize our approach to providing each client access to a broad range of Wellington Management's resources
- Seek opportunities to expand client relationships through leadership in new mandate discussions
- Provide leadership to the service team assigned to each client relationship, and for client-related matters generally, within the organization
- Successfully balance the needs of each client with the capabilities and resources of our organization; act as an advocate for the client within our organization and for the organization with each client
- Focus firm resources on client retention based on the specific mandate's performance and other variables involved in each client relationship
- Coordinate client communications to minimize business risk with respect to compliance, legal and other topics requiring discussion and clarification
- Coordinate and collaborate with other functional areas to resolve client issues and concerns
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of client investment objectives and client marketplace (geographic, client type)
- Work closely with service team assigned to each client relationship; provide direction to analysts on client-related and other matters; proactively seek to involve analysts in client-related work; generally contribute to the professional development of the analysts
- Generally contribute to the management of the business, by participating in projects, committees, and informal groups, and initiating consideration of issues germane to one's role and function
Additional qualifications for this role include:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- A minimum of ten years of experience within the investment industry and have a solid understanding of the needs of institutional investors in Southeast Asia.
- The individual should possess deep investment knowledge of the capital markets with the ability to communicate market insights to clients, and represent equity, fixed income and asset allocation portfolios to institutional clients.
- Should be capable of managing a large number of clients, many with multiple asset management assignments with our firm.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment that requires exceptional teamwork
- The position will require the individual to travel. Knowledge of the regional clients and their respective local market needs is essential for the role of the Account Manager/ Relationship Manager.
- Initiative, creativity, persistence, and consultative selling skills are particularly important in this role.
- Additional language skills (Business Mandarin, Thai, Bahasa etc) are not necessary, but would provide a distinct advantage.
Account Manager/ Relationship Manager LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .