Big Data Analytics Engineer, Algo Platform
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled software engineer with a love of compilers.
- The successful candidate will be part of a small strategic Research team focused on high-performance computing, deep approximation and fast optimization.
- The team will be focused on research and development building initial prototypes as well as collaborating with platform teams to translate prototypes into a platform/product to solve core business problems.
- This is a rare opportunity for a self-driven, start-up minded, strong and passionate researcher/engineer to participate and contribute to a paradigm shift in the financial sector. We want People driven by the mission
As a senior member of the team,
Our Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- You will be responsible for the design and implementation of significant parts of the compilation and execution pipeline.
- You will solve open problems in Performance Optimization and Code Generation on multiple platforms for statically typed domain specific languages.
- Your work will make Financial Markets programs faster and will be key in enabling future business solutions.
Any of the below qualifications will be beneficial when being considered for this position.
Others desirable skills/knowledge:
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree in: Computers Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or STEM related field.
- Experience in machine learning
- Strong C++ or Haskell programming skills.
- Knowledge of functional programming.
- Experience with multithreaded, GPGPU or FPGA development.
- Experience in compiler technology and related tools (e.g., performance analysis and benchmarking).
- Knowledge of compiler development
Ability to think "Product/platform" with a strong alignment with expected business outcomes/journeys Ability to scope minimum viable functionalities for quick and iterative/incremental deliveries - this is a must for the candidate Soft skills:
- Knowledge of technology production tooling - modern dev-ops - e.g. CI/CD
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing) Able to be self-driven in one's work , Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good team spirit
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .