About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
This role will be part of CIB DCDA Technology team focused on Platform & DevOps programmes.We are seeking talented and motivated individuals for the role of Cloud Architect. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cloud computing and technology systems, as well as experience designing and transferring applications to the cloud. You should have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills to effectively share your knowledge.
Our Ideal Candidate Technical:
- Create a well-informed cloud strategy and manage the adaption process.
- Regularly evaluate cloud applications, hardware, and software.
- Develop and organize cloud systems.
- Work closely with IT security to monitor the company's cloud privacy.
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud.
- Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company.
- 10+ years of IT engineering experience with at least 5 years in cloud technology
- Bachelor in Engineering or equivalent
- In depth understanding of Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud solutions and experienced in integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models with a specific focus on AWS
- Extensive experience in conducting Cloud Readiness Assessments observing business and technical perspectives
- Experience in evaluating existing data centre and digital strategies
- Experience in conducting cloud service maps, TCO analysis, security considerations as part of a wider Cloud Adoption Framework
- Strong knowledge of the AWS Well Architected Framework(s)
- Strong understanding of Cloud Security Principles and its practical implementations
- PaaS: Hands-on experience in OpenShift, AWS, Azure, EKS
- Containers Management -using tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift
- Elastic Scaling - using tools like Nginx, HAProxy
- Dynamic Discover - using tools like Zookeeper or Etcd
- Configuration Management - using tools like Ansible, Packer, etc
- Continuous Integration - using tools like Maven and Jenkins
- Continuous Deployment - using tools like Jenkins, Rundeck
- Enable monitoring tools like ELK, Splunk , etc
- Proficient in scripting languages like Ansible, Python , Groovy, etc
- Dev Ops Tools and CI/CD Processes -GitFlow, BitBucket etc.
- Messaging Tools - Confluent Kafka, Replicator, Registry Schema
- Hands experience and Knowledge of microservices architecture
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud design to management and other IT development partners
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work
- Banking domain experience in CIB Systems, Trade systems, System Integration is beneficial
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.