This is an exciting opportunity to join a Asset Management firm as a Fund Accountant/ Operations analyst. The firms strategies cover short tenor trade financing, mid tenor supply chain financing, and mid to longer tenor term and project loans.
The role of a Fund Accountant is first and foremost to ensure that the daily and monthly operational functions for the firms funds run smoothly. Furthermore, TransAsia is looking for thought leader in fund operations best practice, including leading concepts such as internal controls and procedures, portfolio valuation and systems and service providers.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
- Ensure requests are handled in a prompt and professional manner.
- Maintain exposure and collateral levels within the approved facility parameters.
- Obtain and review all transactional documents per the facility agreement (e.g. purchase contracts, sales contracts, title documents etc.).
- Raise exceptional approval requests when the parameter or underlying documents deviate from the approved credit conditions.
- Act as a first line of defence with respect to compliance / AML and sanction related issues.
- Constant monitoring of the exposure, collateral and transaction documents throughout the transaction lifecycle, ensuring that conditions subsequent and repayments are according to the schedule and in line with the facility conditions.
Skills and experience required
- University degree and/ or similar qualification in a related field.
- A minimum of 4 years related experience.
- Self-motivated, proactive and a good team player.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Beneficial knowledge to have:
- Structured Trade and Commodity Finance
- INCO terms, where risks and responsibilities reside
- Title/control risk (e.g. Financing against original Bills of Lading versus copies, the relevance of the consignee, shipper and endorsee)
- Payment risk (e.g. Letter of Credit, Documents against Payment and Open Account payment terms).