Head of Unified Coms & Voice Technology
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Work with the team to provide following technologies and services to all our users
- Delivery of Telephony Engineering Builds (Internal / External)
- Voice Conferencing Technologies
- Video Conferencing Technologies
- Video Conference Rooms builds
- Instant Messaging Technologies
- Desktop content sharing capabilities
People and Talent
- Provide input into High Level Designs, taking advantage of the range of technologies available within the Bank Technology Services domain (e.g. Avaya, Skype, Cisco etc.).
- Develop Low Level Designs and communicate with other Engineering and Project teams in the Bank.
- Manage the Communication & Collaboration Product Roadmap and provide ongoing governance for Products within the Roadmap.
- Understand capacity and capabilities of existing platforms in the Bank and plan for growth.
- Lead different projects - identify dependencies and critical path - Ensure completion as per committed timelines.
- Proactively identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
- Work and coordinate with different teams across different countries -with diverse culture.
- Supports comprehensive business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Develops documentation including processes and procedures for consistent maintenance and support across Operational COE's and within the Supported Regions
- Support for third level escalations for the technologies and products supported by the team
- Develops and contributes to policies, standards and procedures, and documentation of best practices/process improvements
- Identifies and leverages best practices among support and delivery teams as well as within peer teams
- Interfaces with various levels or groups within organization to gain consensus and buy-in from all parties
- Interacts with customers and/or functional peer group managers
- Demonstrate the ability to train on an document technical concepts and procedures and cross trains others in this area
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Performing asset inventory activities as needed.
- Perform deployment of packages to Client and server machines and refresh using SCCM.
- Lead through example. Demonstrate technical and people leadership
- Build a culture that aligns to banks values and behaviours. Ensure staff a hear and remain compliant with the banks policies and procedures
- Needs to empower workforce but be able to step in when needed to course correct
- Support Diversity and Inclusion in the workforce.
- Foster a collaborative and partnership driven 'better together' ethos across the function
- Promote innovation
- Ensure the function has the appropriate balance between operations and engineering skills.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role.
- Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group's policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Manage the project delivery and support costs within budget.
- Ensur e vendor relationships are appropriately managed and deliver value.
- 15 years of Communication & Collaboration engineering experience - focussing on various technologies and tools
- Demonstrates delivering services as a business (market bases services at market based rates accounting for internal costs with a positive return)
- Provide management & solution (systems, infrastructure, network, information, data, and software) in the Communication & Collaboration domain
- Develop overall technology roadmap in the Communication & Collaboration space
- Accountable for generating solution design, proposals and concepts that are cost-effective, scalable, flexible and simple.
- Maintain the solution engineering in pace with the changing requirements, new business needs and technology evolution.
- Accountable for delivery of various voice, video, messaging and desktop sharing capabilities which allow our colleagues to globally interact with one another in real-time
- Ensure the team has opportunity and experience better Digital Workplace experience.
- Accountable to define, manage & maintain a development framework to standardize, streamline and ensure best practice adoption in the Communication & Collaboration product activities.
- Developing Self & Others through Coaching, Contributing to Team
- Success, Continuously Learning and Sharing Knowledge
- Vendor Interaction, understand the product/technology lifecycle, follow end-of-life and provide recommendation for changes/upgrades
- Demonstrates tactical ownership for the management and support of assigned Communication & Collaboration technology areas
- Participating in initiatives to maintain a secure, consistent, and effective global Communication & Collaboration technology services
- Demonstrates high analytical skills, Is self-motivated/directed
- Applies standards consistently across all solutions
- Demonstrates senior level technical skills and ability to successfully complete and resolve complex, non-routine solution designs to address customer requirements
- Demonstrates strategic foresight while employing hands-on technical skills on projects and work assignments
- Demonstrates ability to develop, organize and analyze performance metrics in their given function
- Demonstrates ability to develop, communicate and educate on standard operating procedures within their given function
- Delivers by possessing productivity, professionalism, customer service attitude, attention to detail and quality; ability to multitask; team focus, strong interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and adherence to standard operating procedures
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to rapidly changing environment and ability to take direction from multiple areas
- Experience to lead a team across locations
- Lead and develop a high performing team with self-sufficient and highly motivated resources.
- Work within and motivate team members in a large complex, multinational, matrix organization.
- Agile mind-set, strong relationship building skills, including ability to relate constructively to stakeholders.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Highly developed interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills required to work across a multi-national organization.
- Broad and general technical knowledge, as well as deep competencies in areas like cloud technologies, data models, service orientation; good understanding of security.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, design, and most critically, attention to performance, scalability, reliability, availability at the system and component level.
- Recognized subject matter expert in the broad set of Technologies owned by the Domain.
- Closely collaborate with business analysts to provide direction to demand & requirement management.
- Challenge organizational boundaries to create a model, which is efficient across design, development, deployment & operations for various teams and locations.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure objectives and requirements are captured in published Roadmaps.
- Maintain a deep level of collaboration with the Security Vertical to ensure ongoing adoption of new Security standards in a rapidly evolving landscape.
- Work with Vendor teams to convey Banks needs and feedback as input to roadmaps.
- Recruitment and ongoing mentoring of a teams (multi-location) to ensure a successful evolution to become a high performing Communication & Collaboration team.
- Active ownership of the collaboration and communications governance framework to ensure effective decision making across the Engineering team, Application Development teams, Digital, Strategic Domains and Local organizations.
The candidate should have experience in managing Communication services teams and set ups and should have deep hands on experience in :
- Windows & UNIX Operating systems
- Security Standards and Communicaiton tools
- Voice Conferencing and Recording standards and tools
- Avaya Voice tools e.g. Avaya Communication Manager, System Manager, Session Manager, Enablement Services, Media Server, Utility Services, Call Management Server etc.
- Voice Recording tools - e.g. Avaya ACR, Verba Voice Recording etc.
- Video conferencing standards and tools - e.g. Cisco Telepresence, Polycom Group Series etc.
- Instant Messaging
- Skype application - Skype SfB 2015 - Enterprise Voice - Dialplan/Route/Voice Policy, Skype Phones - Polycom VVX 501/411/201 etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Teams Communication and Collaboration system
- Desktop content sharing tools and capabilities
- Cisco tools e.g. Cisco Unified Communication Manager, UCS Rack Servers, Unity Connection, IP Phones, Unified Messaging Conference Infrastructure
- Deployment, telemetry & Monitoring tools
- Knowledge on industry trends and emerging technologies in the Communication & Collaboration domain.
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: IT related tertiary qualification
- Licences and Certifications/accreditations: ITIL v3 Foundation
- Professional Memberships: None
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .