Intern - Early Career Investors
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
We seek to develop interns and early career hires through an apprenticeship model that offers extensive one-on-one interaction with senior investment professionals. In this role, you will have in-depth exposure to the intricacies of the asset management industry as you assist our investors in conducting independent investment research.
There are four components to the summer internship experience:
- Project for an investment team. Complete analytical projects for one of our investment teams. Share and present your work in a group forum. Contribute investment ideas to an active portfolio.
- Get to know our firm. Interact with seasoned employees throughout the Wellington organization. Build your network, and discover what makes the Wellington experience unique.
- Immersion in the world of investing. Develop and deepen your investment knowledge by attending company management meetings, accessing the firm's proprietary research and participating in our daily investor meetings.
- Mentorship and feedback. Benefit from the training provided to develop the skills required for this internship, and a potential career in investment management. This will be through a combination of on-the-job training covering accounting, financial statement analysis, advanced Excel modeling and Factset / Bloomberg tutorials. You will receive continual support through strong mentorship and guidance.
We seek dedicated individuals with excellent academic credentials and demonstrated analytical and writing abilities. Candidates should possess outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills, be resourceful and detail-oriented, and have a strong work ethic. We are looking for interns who have a passion for gathering information, are inquisitive, and can draw connections between, or recognize patterns among, seemingly disparate topics. An economics or finance major is not a prerequisite, but candidates must be proficient with Excel and have an interest in a career in finance. As a successful internship can lead to a full-time offer for our Launch Research Associate programme, only students in their penultimate year of study are encouraged to apply. This internship will run from June 2021 to August 2021. Application
As part of the application process, please submit these 4 documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of interest that addresses:
- 1. Why you are interested in exploring a career in the asset management industry (up to 1 page)
- 2. Something about yourself that is not on your CV (up to 1 page)
- Individually written investment-oriented research (up to 2 pages maximum inclusive of charts and tables)
- An unofficial transcript
Deadline to apply is: 3 1 January 2021
. All documents should be submitted at one time in PDF format titled with your Last and First name. When asked to attach your resume, you can also attach your statement of interest and transcript in the same upload field. You cannot change or update your application after you submit it. Shortlisted candidates will be selected for interviews in January 2021, with final interviews in February 2021. SKILLS JOB TITLE
Intern - Early Career Investors LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .