Legal Entity Controller, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
State Street Corporation's Finance division is currently seeking an AVP for Legal Entity Reporting mainly being responsible in the Regulatory Reporting Area. As Legal Entity Controller you will take responsibility of financial and regulatory reporting as well as monitoring of various legal entities within the ASEAN region. You will develop an in-depth understanding of various entities within the financial industry, including their business strategies as well as associated technical accounting and disclosure requirements. We are looking for a proactive and self-motivated team player to join our Legal Entity Controller team based in Singapore who is willing to take over responsibilities in a wide range of accounting and reporting requirements in a fast paced banking environment. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Legal Entity Controller you will
What we value
- Reporting into Regional ASEAN Controller.
- Supporting various aspects of legal entity and BU Controllership within the ASEAN region (spanning Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, and Brunei) to ensure accuracy of financial results and that all internal controls are appropriately designed and executed. Coverage for Global Services, Global Delivery, Global Markets, Global Exchange and Global Advisors in region for Controllership impacts.
- Regulatory reporting to MAS and implementation of the new MAS 610 framework - Ensure all regulatory returns, statistics and surveys data are prepared accurately and timely, and in compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements which includes maintain and write up of respective procedures and documentation.
- Collaborate within a small team based out of Singapore and partnering with a wide range of stakeholders including Businesses, the local management team, Lead Financial Officers (LFOs), outsourced functions team (Global Accounting Operations, Billing, Regulatory Reporting) and Finance /functional leadership team. Working closely with Business Controls teams to improve control environment.
- Coordinate with Global Close and Consolidation team on monthly close cycle process for accuracy and efficiency. Ensure financial controls are operating effectively and issues reported/ resolved and appropriately escalated. Responsibility for Internal Audit results and remediation for Singapore entities.
- Actively cooperate with the external auditors to finalize statutory reporting for various entities in the ASEAN region advisor including query resolution.
- Interface and close collaboration with LFO's and FP&A organization to ensure alignment and accuracy or monthly, Quarterly/ Annual results and alignment to Business Unit initiatives and correct treatment of key events (Impairment, deferrals etc).
- Support and execution of transformation initiatives, ensure robust control and knowledge transfer for activities migrated to Hub Locations, proper implementation of systems which impact the external & internal financial & regulatory reporting in the ASEAN region. Execute on initiatives that impact accounting, reporting or tax including capital management
- Support tax compliance (direct and Indirect) including Transfer Pricing scheme.
- Any other ad-hoc tasks as required by the APAC controller from time-to-time.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to work in a fast paced banking environment managing multiple priorities
- Fast learner, proactive in nature and has excellent attention for details
- Committed, self-motivated and proactive, with a desire to succeed
- Team player
- Ability to think holistically and make connections between diverse issues/tasks
- Experience with local banking MAS (610, 649) reporting requirements will be required.
- Qualified Accountant with approximately 10 years of relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of Singapore GAAP / IFRS preferred
- Good knowledge of Accounting System (e.g. Oracle, SUN) will be an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English required
- Strong control awareness
- Proficient level of Excel knowledge (e.g. Macro-handling) will be an advantage