Manager, L3 Production Support Engineer, Microservices & Continuous Delivery, Group Technology
Posting Date: 16-Sep-2020
Location: Alexandra Road, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
• Team Lead of Level 2 Support Analysts with people management responsibility.
• Lead cross functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve, communicate complex incidents and deep underlying issues
• Performance analysis and fine tuning of real time and batch systems
• Assess operational readiness of new products / applications / flows. Drive non-functional requirements.
• Manage production defect changes and work closely with Development teams to provide strong governance for control for the applications in scope
• Manage Vendor for prioritization of issues, continuous service improvement, process improvement, cost management and audit issues. Conduct Monthly service review track SLAs adherence from vendors. Manage a workload which is subject to changing priorities and demands
• Ensures essential process / procedures are followed and contribute to defining standards. Drive the change in culture to ensure Production Support best practices is implemented while ensuring partnerships with developers and business partners are strengthened.
• Execute continuous service improvement plan, process improvement and automation
• Act as a facilitator and coordinate between various teams like Infrastructure, development team to resolve, analysis of root cause for complex issues and outages
• Work across multiple application management areas and support teams to ensure high level of support service.
• Effectively communicate and interact with infrastructure and supporting technology groups across a distributed environment to drive problem resolution and service levels.
• Work closely with 1st & 2nd level support and development teams to ensure team is meeting the business' requirements. Ensure team delivers on these priorities and communicated progress effectively to all stakeholders.
• Follow through to ensure incidents and problems are resolved according to SLA. Job Requirements
Technical Skills & Experience
• Minimum 10-12 years of experience working in IT industry with 8-10 years of experience in Technology solutions or support service delivery in the banking industry.
• Hands-on experience and deep technical skills in the following technologies:
o Axway API Manager, API Gateway
o Security (SSL, JWT, JKS, OAuth, SAML, Threat Protection, Cryptography, WS-Security)
o Mashups for all types of interactions (Stateless, Session-Based or Persistent State).
o Middleware (Web Proxy, MQ, Connect Direct)
o Application (Spring, Camel, JBoss application server)
o Infrastructure (Linux, databases)
• Domain knowledge in Transaction Banking, Payments and Loans will be added advantage.
• Prior experience in large scale enterprise application development, capacity planning, optimization, re-engineering, and performance fine tuning and cost optimization
• Demonstrate accountability, leadership, independent initiatives and willingness to lead.
• Experience in Production Support in a high availability / mission critical environment.
• Ability to technically analyze problems encountered with these systems and employing technical skills to overcome them.
• Experience in managing communications across business and technology stakeholders at varying levels across a medium to large scale enterprise.
• Solid understanding of ITIL methodology
• Experience writing scripts, database queries, generating capacity and performance reports
• Change Management / Problem Management / Capacity and performance management
• Solid understanding of resiliency and redundancy designs
• Interfaces and Messaging systems
• Strong team player with management skills.
• Flexible and able to manage time effectively.
• Able to work with sense of urgency under multiple deadlines and successfully organize and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
• Good stakeholder management and communication skills.
• Possess strong understanding of business strategies and able to translate them into concrete achievable action plans
• Able to collaborate and drive motivation across a diverse slate within and across teams and can deal with difficult conversations effectively
• Owns and enhances workflows and processes, and delegates with clear accountabilities across the teams to meet objectives / outcomes
• Promotes an environment of learning and development. Understand and develop team members and others to achieve their professional growth
• Strategic forward thinking approach to challenges with outstanding influencing, negotiating and persuasion skills
• Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science / IT
• Related professional/technical qualification will be advantageous although not mandatory Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.