Senior Equities Analyst
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
Reporting to the Regional Head of Equities Research, the successful candidate will closely cover the Asia ex-Japan and ASEAN Equities Markets, providing timely, rigorous fundamental equity research analysis and alpha-generating stock recommendations to Portfolio Managers, working closely with fellow Research Analysts and other Stakeholders. Job Description
- The successful candidate is responsible for covering the Asia ex-Japan and ASEAN Equities Market, providing timely, rigorous fundamental research analysis and alpha-generating stock recommendations to Portfolio Managers.
- This role requires comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of key sectors and stocks listed in Asia ex-Japan and ASEAN, including but not limited to the constituents of the MSCI Asia ex-Japan and MSCI ASEAN.
- This highly enthusiastic Analyst is also required to provide frequent and timely research insights to Portfolio Managers and follow up on their queries with high priority whenever there are new corporate, macroeconomic, geopolitical developments that impact Asia ex-Japan and ASEAN stocks, contributing positively to their investment decisions.
- Backed by rigorous fundamental equity analysis and high conviction, he/she will also be required to write detailed research reports on every stock under coverage and upload his/her stock recommendations on Bloomberg for internal use on a regular basis. In addition, the successful candidate will be required to provide a weekly research summary of the sectors covered and high conviction stock picks.
- A highly collaborative Team player, he/she will also work closely with other Equities Research Analysts based in Singapore and the rest of Asia ex-Japan in regional collaboration projects to share investment insights. He/she should also be enthusiastic in mentoring junior colleagues.
- Clear presentation and active participation in Group-wide discussions via conference calls, emails, calls & chats on a daily basis are essential.
- The ideal candidate must have a passion in equities research and investing and possess strong fundamental research, financial modelling, forecasting and valuation skills. He/she should also be an expert in using Bloomberg, Microsoft Excel and Word. He/she should be exceptionally meticulous and recognize the importance of fact-checking and doing reality checks.
- The candidate must also be a highly pro-active, conscientious, responsible and disciplined team player who can complete all assigned tasks impeccably within tight deadlines. He/she should also be mature enough to work independently and propose effective solutions to address potential challenges.
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to coordinate and collaborate with colleagues from different countries, cultures and level of work experience are essential.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- At least 7 years of Equities Research work experience covering the Asia ex-Japan and ASEAN listed equities is required. Prior work experience in major buy-side asset management firms or sell-side equities institutions would be ideal. Professional qualifications (e.g. CFA, CPA) are preferred.
- Consistently strong academic track record from a reputable university plus good grasp of the current economic, geopolitical and equities market conditions are important requirements.
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.