Tax Division - Transfer Pricing - Vice President - Hong Kong/Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
A team of professionals based in Bangalore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Seoul, Singapore, and Tokyo serves the firm's Asia Pacific tax requirements. This team comprises both accountants and lawyers and is responsible for all aspects of the firm's tax affairs, including structuring, managing and overseeing compliance, transfer pricing, tax planning and controversy and audit management.
Goldman Sachs seeks a Vice President to be responsible for transfer pricing matters for its Asia Pacific - ex Japan (APEJ) Tax Department, which includes coverage of substantial operations in China, India, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea and Australia, and which also includes multiple other Southeast Asian jurisdictions. This position reports, on a matrix basis, to the Head of Tax for APEJ and the Global Head of Transfer Pricing.
This role requires a hands-on approach and is most suitable for a candidate who has significant transfer pricing experience at a senior level, preferably in the financial sector or an outstanding candidate with industry experience within a large accounting firm. The successful candidate will have detailed knowledge of transfer pricing principles and practical implementation as well as experience with local documentation requirements and be familiar with working closely in remote teams with colleagues in other time-zones. The hands-on responsibilities include management of advance pricing agreement processes, mutual agreement procedures, transfer pricing audits throughout the region, as well as oversight of documentation work, local transfer pricing filing processes, and multiple processes related to the governance and implementation of transfer pricing policy within the Goldman Sachs group.
In addition to the formal reporting structure, a significant element of this role requires coordination and leadership with other divisions within the firm, including both back-, middle- and front-office groups. In particular, the role involves providing supervision and guidance to accounting and other operational personnel who implement the firm's transfer pricing policies. The preferred candidate should therefore have communication and interpersonal skills to support guidance of virtual teams across divisions and geographies. The preferred candidate should have skills in communicating complex concepts and issues to senior stakeholders with varying degrees of familiarity with the core technical issues.
The role can be based in the firm's offices in either Hong Kong or Singapore. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Management of local transfer pricing documentation requirements in the various Asia Pacific jurisdictions;
- Management of any transfer pricing queries raised in the course of tax audits in the Asia Pacific region;
- Work closely with the global transfer pricing team on functional reviews of business lines and the development and implementation of new or revised transfer pricing methodologies;
- Advising on new businesses or transactions within the Asia Pacific region that have transfer pricing considerations;
- Drafting, submission and management of Advance Pricing Agreement and Mutual Agreement Procedure applications;
- Advising on changes in local Asia Pacific tax law and regulation or on OECD proposals.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Extensive experience of transfer pricing issues, preferably with financial sector knowledge, either working at a financial institution or large accounting firm;
- Ability to learn quickly and manage knowledgeable senior stakeholders;
- Ability to operate in confidence;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- An influential personality capable of participating significantly in industry forums
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity