Morgan Stanley Private Equity - Analyst
Morgan Stanley Private Equity Asia (MSPEA) is one of the leading private equity investors in Asia Pacific, having invested in the region for over 25 years. MSPEA invests primarily in control buyouts and highly structured minority investments in growth-oriented companies by leveraging the brand and global network of Morgan Stanley to source investment opportunities and create value for our portfolio companies. Our team consists of over 60 investment professionals who work from our offices in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul, Mumbai, and Bangkok.
MSPEA is seeking high-caliber investment professionals for an Analyst position who will be based in Seoul, Korea. Job Detail
Morgan Stanley seeks individuals from different backgrounds and experiences as we strongly believe diversity is an opportunity for leading with exceptional ideas. Across all roles, we seek candidates who value honesty, character and diversity to foster an inclusive work environment where all employees feel a sense of belonging, and can partner with colleagues to deliver the best of the Firm to our clients. Professional development is supported through open and honest 360 feedback, career conversations, training opportunities, and mentoring / coaching. Primary Responsibilities:
· Work closely with senior professionals to identify and evaluate potential investment opportunities in Korea
· Assist in execution of investment and sale transactions, including comprehensive due diligence, financial modeling, deal structuring and advisory team management
· Support in portfolio management including development and implementation of growth strategies and operational improvements
· Interact extensively with senior executives of portfolio companies and experts in diverse industries Qualifications: Qualifications and Skillsets:
· Bachelor’s Degree or above with strong academic credentials
· Fluency in both English and Korean
· At least 1-2 years of work experience, preferably in private equity, investment banking, management consulting, or finance
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills with sound experience in market research, accounting and financial modeling
· Strong bilingual communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent team player with a strong work ethic, initiative and a commitment to excellence Equal Opportunity Statement
“At Morgan Stanley, diversity is an opportunity—for clients, employees and firm. By valuing diverse perspectives, we can better serve our clients, while we help employees achieve their professional objectives. A corporate culture that is open and inclusive is fundamental to our role as a global leader constantly striving for excellence in all that we do." ―James P. Gorman.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.