The chance for a young and experienced "bottom-up" credit analyst to join a leading boutique, covering primarily financials + some corporate hybrids on the buy-side. If you're open to moving to Geneva, Switzerland and eligible for a work permit (EU/EEA/Swiss/British etc) this could be just the next challenge you've been waiting for where you will be visible and part of a dynamic, close-knit team.
Buy-side Credit Analyst
Our client is a very well-established and growing asset manager boutique. They are seeking an experienced, young Credit Research Analyst to join their team. Our client is a market leader in the field and has award-winning funds (primarily in the Financials space). By virtue of being part of a small team, in this very visible role you will be able to make a meaningful impact and contribution to the investment activities of the firm.
This is a client that Finders know very well, and have worked with for many years, assisting this company with new staff as they continue to grow - giving candidates that extra peace of mind when applying to this job via Finders
Are you a fundamental buy-side credit analyst looking for a fresh challenge in a smaller structure with a broader role where you can be more visible? Are you perhaps a sell-side credit analyst with solid fundamental, bottom-up experience looking to move to the buy-side? Do you have good exposure to Financials? If you are genuinely keen on a move to Geneva, this could be just the job!
Supporting the fund managers, you will be working in a busy team of 3 credit analysts, reporting to the head of research, although this is a flat structure as our client is a small, leading boutique, established since many years and a leader in their field. In essence, you will be in charge of conducting research and credit analysis of bonds issuers. You will work under the responsibility of the fund managers and share your time between the various tasks related to research and credit analysis activities.
As a buy-side or sell-side bottom-up fundamental analyst, your experience should be relevant in this field. Focusing primarily on financials as well as some corporate hybrids, the scope of the role will include, but not limited to:
- Research and credit analysis of financials and corporate bond issuers
- Participate in calls / presentations / meetings of companies, roadshows and other ad-hoc meetings
- Interact effectively with Fund Managers and the Compliance and Risk representative on key analysis and research
- Conduct credit analysis functions, continuous monitoring and advanced analysis of the quantitative and qualitative value of issuers and their respective securities
- Assist Fund Managers in the investment process for both fund portfolios and private clients
- Participate in the meetings of the investment committee as required
- Monitoring measures to ensure compliance of investments
- Assist Fund Managers during customer meetings and presentations, develop close relationships with the sales and marketing teams of our distributors
- Assist the fund team in the compilation of statistics of data analysis relating to the funds and the investments
- Participate in the improvement of procedures and contribute to the development of the company's IT tools by using the system and identifying the possible needs
- Around 3-5 years' of experience in credit research analysis, experience from a top-tier asset management firm; those from the sell-side also considered
- Masters Degree related to Finance
- Ideally today you are covering corporate hybrid or IG credit/financials - you are looking to build on this current experience by going on to cover these in greater depth
- Bottom-up fundamental analysis experience is a must
- Fluent English (working language); French and/or German a strong plus but not a must, as long as you are committed and have genuine reasons for wanting to move to the Geneva area
- At ease in a small structure with a hands-on/muck-in approach
- Committed to relocating to the region, if not already based in Switzerland
- Eligible to work in Switzerland i.e. EU, EEA, Swiss, British passport holders only; or those already in possession of a valid Swiss work permit