Business Risk Senior Analyst
Description About Citi
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Project and Program Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19023663
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all. Description of the Position
Business Controls and Supervision supports the trading and sales environment. The position is for a highly energized, dynamic professional who is ready to join a fast-paced, world leader in the financial services industry. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with Equities Business Management, Chief Administrative Officers, Markets Middle Office, Operations, Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Financial Control and Legal Departments. The position will report to the EMEA Equities BCS Lead. Overview
The goal of the Business Controls and Supervision function is to help establish a robust control environment and culture within the Citi Markets business worldwide. Developing a proactive control approach assists management in achieving strategic objectives, promotes efficiency, reduces the risk of loss and helps ensure compliance with corporate policies, procedures, laws and regulations. In addition, properly functioning internal controls enable management to deal with today's rapidly changing environment and prepare for future growth. Key Responsibilities:
• Oversee daily regulatory reporting processes and compliance with internal or regulatory initiatives.
• Review, reconcile and document various exception reports.
• Monitoring of supervisor and employee required actions including CandC reviews; mandatory training; PPL
Violations; eCOMM reviews; entitlement reviews and PandL /PAA attestations through internal monitoring systems.
• Support internal audit deliverables requests, control issue identification, escalation, tracking, and reporting.
• Documentation, reporting and tracking of corrective action plan and operational risk events
• Supporting the MCA monitoring and reporting process
• Develop and maintain tracking metrics for management reporting, escalation and review.
• Maintain control documentation needed for the various internal, external and regulatory reviews.
• Develop internal relationships and provide support for various Trading / Sales Desks. Critical Success Factors:
• Establish trust and rapport with Trading and Sales Desks, Business Managers, Compliance, Internal Audit,
Financial Control, Middle Office, Operations, Technology and Legal functions
• Develop a broad and detailed understanding of the Citi Markets business, culture, risk and control framework, regulatory and technology environment.
• Understand and support key regulatory policy and control initiatives.
• Identify best practices, key control/governance policies, procedures and required documentation. Qualifications Competencies:
• Communication Skills - Excellent oral and written communications skills; Must be articulate and persuasive.
• Strong documentation skills to ensure proper control/audit evidence.
• Ability to review a process and recommend ways to identify issues, improve quality, controls, effectiveness and efficiency.
• Strong organizational leadership and influencing skills; Capable of prioritizing and multi-tasking in a dynamic environment.
• Teamwork - Must be able to work in a team environment, listen effectively and be open to change and different ideas/viewpoints.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Skills:
• Excellent analytical skills - able to interpret complex information, processes, and regulations and turn them into practical controls.
• Strong financial skills, analytical skills and strategic planning skills.
• Strong Desktop/PC skills which include working knowledge of MS suite of applications, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience with Microsoft Access databases, including design, developing queries, reports and macros in a dynamic environment.
• Exposure to database and data warehouse applications a plus.
• Knowledge of Qlikview programming a plus. Challenges:
Citi's ICG Citi Markets business is a complex business with multiple products and services that span the globe. The environment is fast-paced which requires quick thinking, organizational skills, high energy, and timely turnaround.
The successful candidate will have broad-based exposure to the Citi Markets businesses with specific emphasis on Equities. They will work with senior business and support staff to enhance knowledge and understanding of the product, regulatory requirements and the related operational risks, controls and policy requirements. Qualifications:
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science or equivalent
The role is a 'Controlled function' CF as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer