You will be part of the dedicated Enterprise Cloud Service Management team that is responsible for leading the design, build and operational aspects of hybrid cloud. The successful candidate will be expected to have recent hands-on practical experience of implementing hybrid cloud using Microsoft Azure and will require the skills to collaboratively lead and mentor less-experienced operational resources through the process. They will also be familiar with the challenges of implementing a DevOps capability and will have had practical experience of CD / CI at previous organisations. They will be broadly familiar with the services and capabilities of the key public cloud providers and be comfortable at consulting with the Business in re-architecting systems to leverage the benefits of the cloud platform.
You will work across all areas within the IT Department to ensure knowledge transfer and skills adoption and will work with other parts of the Business to meet delivery requirements.
Duties and responsibilities
• Support ECSM objectives by owning & driving the technical design and implementation for our hybrid cloud capabilities, including establishing design and engineering patterns.
• Develop Infrastructure as Code to support automated adherence to the patterns using Terraform, Yaml and Azure DevOps Pipelines and Repos.
• Manage the implementation of CloudOps capabilities within existing organisational support structures and identify simplification opportunities for operational processes.
• Engage in, or help develop, governance processes that ensure systems compliance to our cloud computing policy.
• Provide technical leadership and consultancy at initiation and design stages within projects and other changes which impact the hybrid cloud platform..
• Engage in research and development towards innovative architecture and technical solutions that may provide business benefit.
• Identify and promote innovative technologies that provide value as business enablers or create improvements in business process, cost, performance, and sustainability.
• Provide integration skills and experience to ensure the interoperability of new and existing systems.
• Assist in the production of technical roadmaps providing guidance on short, medium and long-term objectives.
• Provide guidance and support to internal and federated Solution Architects to ensure compliance to expected technical and quality standards.
• Responsible for populating the Architecture Reference Library and ensuring the process of saving intellectual capital back into the reference library to build up a stock of reusable artefacts.
Technical skills and qualifications
• Significant and recent experience with Microsoft Azure in both an infrastructure and application context
• Significant experience as either a Lead Engineer or Solution Architect in a global cloud-enabled environment
• Significant and recent experience at working with Terraform and YAML.
• Significant experience with DevOps and CI / CD using Azure DevOps Pipelines and Repos
• Significant experience in Microsoft Office 365
• Significant experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Azure AD and associated technologies
• Significant breadth of experience across business, application and data Architecture
In addition to putting clients first, acting like an owner, and succeeding as a team, the competencies for this role include:
• Excellent collaboration and team building skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Strong organisation and planning skills.
• Highly motivated with a passion for technology and technical detail.
• Solution-focused and committed to high quality delivery and team performance..
• Understanding of and ability to apply risk-based approach to systems decisions and present these to senior management and technical professionals.
• An Enterprise Architecture mind set.
• An ability to effectively work across all Architecture Domains.