Consultant - IT Strategy Manager
- Salary:£45,000 - £85,000
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Permanent, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash Consulting
- Updated on:25 Jun 19
Our client, a leading global consultancy firm is looking for individuals with an excellent grounding in core consulting skills, to credibly shape and communicate stories to CxO audiences. If you are known for your ability to identify and solve the most challenging client problems through combining deep value chain knowledge and technology expertise together with describing the value of the exploitation of technology then this might be a good opportunity for you.
Here are just a few of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Working with clients to shape and execute business visions enabled by realistic roadmaps of capability development framed within well-defined governance
- Working with clients to translate and leverage technology to maximise strategic impact articulated in structured enterprise architectures to help deliver tangible business outcomes
- Working with industry and business specialists to develop comprehensive technology strategies, including IT opportunity assessment, investment portfolio management, information strategy, sourcing strategy, enterprise architecture strategy and more
- Analysing current issues and building a fact-based approach to developing and implementing client visions, road maps and governance to address today's business needs and support future growth
Your Experience - We’re looking for experience in one or more of the following areas:
- IT Strategy: Experience developing a deep understanding of business needs, defining their implications on current and future use of enterprise technology, and creating data-driven strategies
- Experience in helping clients establish a vision, roadmap and governance. Experience in Enterprise Architecture tools such as Troux, Mega, Alfabet etc. Exposure to industry frameworks such as TOGAF.
- A good balance of technology and functional skills across core Technology Strategy disciplines i.e. enterprise architecture, functional decomposition, strategic analytics, CxO-1 stakeholder management and business casing
- IT Operating Model: Experience shaping IT operating models which enable the IT organisation to deliver value in line with business strategies
- Experience in helping clients reposition their technology portfolio to fuel growth by balancing cost and capability.
- Knowledge of, and passion for, technology trends e.g. Robotics, Big Data, Advanced Machine Learning, Internet of Things
- Knowledge of industry operations, dynamics and trends in one or more of the following industries: Financial Services, Telecoms, Media, Technology, Life Sciences, Retail and Consumer Packaged Goods