Credit Risk Analyst - German speaking (London based)
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe's 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £80 million to over 30,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we're still near the start of our journey - our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal. The role:
Our team of Credit Risk Analysts are responsible for making lending decisions for each of the small businesses that approach iwoca. Your mission will be:
Requirements You will need:
- Conducting independent analysis of corporate / credit risks - using our cutting-edge tech platform, you will be analysing data from financial statements, credit reference agencies, application forms and other third party sources to arrive at fast, fair, and accurate decisions.
- To closely cooperate with the client management team; involvement in client contacts regarding risk-related topics.
- To optimize and create processes that can scale with the business
- To work closely with the Tech and Analytics team to further improve our existing tools, credit risk management systems and models
- To take responsibility for your credit decisions: you should thrive under a KPI driven environment where you are responsible for meeting global risk targets.
- Conscientious monitoring of the existing credit portfolio.
- University degree, preferably in business or economics, or equivalent training (banking traineeship followed by relevant further education)
- Preferably 1+ years of experience in the field of corporate risk analysis. Other relevant experience (in finance, audit or consulting for example) will also be taken into account
- Superior analytical skills in conjunction with a pronounced risk awareness and problem solving skills, along with a willingness and ability to justify decisions in a clear and comprehensible manner
- The ability to interpret key financial statements and an understanding of the key risk drivers specific to SMEs.
- Fluent German speaker with a high level of written and spoken English - note that we require fully fluent German level (i.e. you've grown up speaking German or have learnt it to CEFR C2 level or similar). Should your German not be fluent but your English is, you can apply for a similar role on the UK team .
- To be confident, focused and enthusiastic. You have to be comfortable working independently and making your own credit decisions in a fast-paced startup environment where every month needs to be a record month.
- Good communication skills. You will have direct telephone contact with loan applicants to extract additional information so need a friendly telephone manner.
- A bucket-load of common sense
- Cover letter is essential.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- A really lovely office in central London - we're right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) - such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
- Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- Cycle-to-work scheme for great value bikes
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Stock options for all employees after 6 months within the business
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance